Wine Cellar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it looks a little better today as we just got 2 big jobs off hold that were due to financial problems. Tha equals about 120 stairs with rail to go with that. its not a big deal but that will hold us few guys left till about mid Jan.

Great news!!
smiley32.gif

I like the shelves Wade - it's a very clean and a simple design. Most shelves have the scalloping put into the wood and I was wondering if you've had any problems with bottles slipping or rolling with out that on yours?
I've thought about making a small rack for mine and can imagine coming home to find broken bottles and my white catburgundy colored and drunk because she decided to explore the new shelves!!

I use clear cabinet door self adhesive door bumpers that are very small and can barely be seen when you are looking right at them. I had a lot of shelving to o and didnt want to bother with all that work nor did I want to buy lumber. All that wood was scrap pce.s from cut offs from stair treads at work. It would have to be wider to scallop it and still support all those bottles. There are over 800 now and 21 gallons going as we speak. I dont even have room for anymore as I have the last 2 batches stacked on the floorlike bowling pins on their side.

Wade,

I didn't read the entire thread. I am a woodworker also, love these wine racks! I have visions of building similar in the distant future. I have so any questions, but first, where did you begin? This is the best design I've seen to date. I'm a bit envious, as if it doesn't show. Call me Mr. Green.

First I began with seeing what Sizes would fit in the area I had and how to divide them up by measuring the type of bottles I was going to use then factor in if I ever want to switch over to the 1500's. So height of room and diameter of bottle all factor in then I had to figure in with those dimensions what size the wood should be and spacing to allow those dimensions to work out in height and width as I didnt want odd sizes left on top or too much excess space left on the sides after all bottles are on that rack. Most of the time the Burgundy bottles are the biggest so design your racks around them if you plan on using any unless you are also going to use the 1500's then you will want to use that size. I started this design by building a back frame and a front frame and then attach the side rails after.

THE RACKS ARE GREAT BUT I KNOW THE PRODUCT THEY HOLD IS SUPERIOR QUIALITY,NICE JOB.....................AS ALL WAYS..........................................................................
smiley2.gif

Thanks Joe but you really need to stop looking at my rack, I am married!!!!!!!
smiley36.gif

When you putthem out on display like that you have to figure people are going to stare.

Thanks for the pics for ideas on different holding devices.

Great looking woodwork and wine. Just don't do both at the same time. I have been looking and different designs. I might combine some different ideas. How thick of stock did you use? 4/4?

Back