Wine Cellar Storage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is Your Method of Wine Storage

• Tweaked a Refrigerator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don’t Need One

• Any Other Method

• Total voters

Maui Joe

Reaction score
Curious....share in construction ideas, etc. For myself, I constructed an above grade cellar 8'x8'x7' with 6" walls. Can expand on construction if asked...it works great for Hawaii temps.Edited by: Maui Joe

I only have a 72*F closet so far. Gosh it sure ages quickly in there. Another good reason to leave it in carboys for as long as possible, also in the closet.

smiley5.gif

All ready have basement with pantry...have been useing that..it stays about 65 year around...just need to build storage

I'm another lucky one with a basement which stays in the mid to high 60s. I just had to put together a bench with a sink for production.

I see we can upload pics, so lets see what kind of things we've got. I can always use a better idea.

If you send me the pics, I will post them on the web site, as well. I love to post customer pics.

I will receive my Breezaire WKE-300 coolertomorrow (I hope) Will start constuction on cellar next week in my walk in basement.I'm building a 8X8 cellar. Not that I have that much wine but do all my work using a battery powered scooter. Need room to turn that sucker around with out distroying all the wine bottles and shelving. I'm going to use the "Green tile" to store my first 500 bottles, They cost 2.00 a piece which makes the sotrage cost a buck a bottle. As you know they take up a lot of room but at this time, room is about all I have

Chief, did you receive your Breezeaire? How is it? Who offers the best deal on coolers being that you committed to one?

One of these days, I'll actuallydig a real cellar. For now, I've got a chest type deep freeze with a separate temperature controller on it. It maintains whatever temp I tell it to - right now at 58 degrees.

Will be getting married in August, so will probably have to give up the freezer for something frivolous like food. :)

Robert

Latest posts

Back