• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wine Bottles - Used

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al can you post pictures of the bottles you are talking about. I see some people call Bellissima bottles Ice Wine bottles. I Have to different type of 375's for ice wine that I picked up used.

This is the typical ice wine bottle I use...

DSCN2105.jpg

And this is another one I picked up at a winery (is this the Bellissima)...

DSCN2100.jpg

go to this link...you will see a 375 bellissima and a 750.....the ones i gave away were 750

http://www.waterloocontainer.com/catalog/23/specialty/

these are bordeaux...which reduce the label crinkle often occurring on a burgundy

see how the tops of yourlabels have a crinkle? i am not picking on you...i have had teh same issue...the label has to be smaller in ht or you have to get a different design and another 'or' you gould go w a thinner label...so in all, burgundy bottles give more forgiveness...and i think they are more attractive ( personal opinion)

Last edited:
Al, what does "bar top" mean. The Bellissima bottles say bar top while most others say cork finish. Thanks for the link as there are some really really really pretty bottles there!!!!!!

Ok I love the 375 bellissima for the ice wine as I think they are very classy. The bottles I put my chocolate ice wine in was Altus Hock 375 ml Bartop bottle. While they were sexy looking, I didn't think they were as classy and these were the ones I really had problems with the lables crinkling at the top. We did a group buy in Pgh a few week s ago and bought some 375 bellissima's for $16.00/cs

Those are nice bottles. How much are they? Looks like you have to do a pallet order?
If we had enough people maybe we could do a group order?

Wade I picked up a few of these also at a winery that was using them for ice wine. Fidgi Bordeaux 375 ml Bartop, Talk about a pain to fit labels on. Not sure what bar top means but I put #9 corks in all of them.

if you look at the top of the bar top bottles you will see the outside finish is straight to the top...nowlook at the cork top...the outside finish has an indent at about the top 1/8 inch

the bar top is to me a classier look because of that over the other tops

I took it as it shouldnt be used with a cork so thats good cause those bottles were just to awesome to not have a few of them in my collection eventually!

I used bar top bottles for my first batch. I also used bar top corks. I think the bar top bottles are made for those corks. The winery here uses them and they have had good results with them.

Latest posts

Back