Wine barrel racks with adjustable height feet?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vouxwines

Owner - VOUX Wines
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can find regular 60 gallon wine barrel racks with adjustable height feet? By barrel room is sloped at 1% from the walls to the drain in the middle of the barn and in some areas it would be nice to have just the bottom rack adjustable so I can level and stack the barrels higher. Any links would be helpful thanks!

Are you racking from barrels on their side, with the top bung so horizontal, or from bottom tapped vertical barrels?

Otherwise, not sure what is the issue you are trying to solve..... Since you do not want to rack fully anyway. You want to leave the lees at the bottom. So slope may not be relevant. Barrel shape alone can catch a lot of lees.

Last edited:
Are you racking from barrels on their side, with the top bung so horizontal, or from bottom tapped vertical barrels?

Otherwise, not sure what is the issue you are trying to solve..... Since you do not want to rack fully anyway. You want to leave the lees at the bottom. So slope may not be relevant. Barrel shape alone can catch a lot of lees.
Not concerned at all with racking. It’s a leveling issue with 1200 lbs of weight stack three levels high. If my bottom row isn’t level that presents a serious hazard on the third level of barrels of the bottom level of barrels is not level.

that’s what I’d like to do. But I’m looking for a rack that has leveling feet

If you have a lot of wine,and a lot of weight, the only option is maybe hydraulic jacks. Which might require a different rack structure. --- My rack bases are 15x15 cm (6x6 in) beams. Which can be jacked up if needed.

Consider for this year: Racking the wine into "floor" containers. And replacing your racks that are more stable and adjustable, then pumping the wine into the new racks.

Else, simply live with what you have... even if imperfect, move what you can off the racks, and hope for the best, and redesign you racks to deal with the issues you have for next year.

Hope this helps... but it probably does not... Sorry. :(

Can anyone tell me where I can find regular 60 gallon wine barrel racks with adjustable height feet? By barrel room is sloped at 1% from the walls to the drain in the middle of the barn and in some areas it would be nice to have just the bottom rack adjustable so I can level and stack the barrels higher. Any links would be helpful thanks!
These racks have adjustable feet, and stack, but I suspect are very pricey: Le Concept OXOline | Oxoline

Maybe consider this one: Powder Coated Double Bar Barrel Rack (228l) - American Wine Supply
At 99 bucks, not too bad. Drill and tap the bottom flanges and thread in adjustable feet ( POWERTEC 3/8 in.-16 Furniture Levelers with Threaded Inserts, White (4-Pack) 71189 - The Home Depot ). These hold 550# each, about the weight of a full 60 gallon barrel, so 4 will hold 3 barrels stacked. Bottom flange might need to be reinforced with a piece of wood cut to fit between the foot and the tube to transfer load to the tube, hole drilled in the wood for the threaded rod to adjust up into it.

Even easier, for a 1% slope and a 36” long barrel, a 3/8” shim attached to the two lowest feet should get your first rack level, stack on up from there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back