Wine and Venison for dinner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shiloh Sharps 45-90, 4X malcom period type scope, black powder, 520 grain lead Gov type bullet.

Cab and backstrap...

Aren't you supposed to hang 'em for a while? The one time I had venison within hours of 'harvest' it was really tough.

Aren't you supposed to hang 'em for a while? The one time I had venison within hours of 'harvest' it was really tough.

He's hanging now. That dinner will be late next week when I cut him up. Either backstrap or tenderloin, bacon wrapped or sliced with the bacon inside and BBQ or broil depending on weather. Break out a bottle of Cab that been waiting for a good occasion!

Sage, If you have any additional Backstrap, Google Venison Steak Diane by Hank Shaw. It was a totally Awesome dinner! We don't normally eat venison, but a friend gave us some Backstrap & we used this recipe. Roy

It's 30's at night, might get 50s daytime. It'll hang about a week. Boned and in a fridge at 34 for a couple days then cut and trimmed.

I usually drink what I make. Rarely buy, but I'll keep those 2 wines in mind if I do.

Latest posts

Back