Windblown Estates Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logwerx

Reaction score
Finally able to put in a decent sized vineyard. I have been looking for a spot for a few years, to no avail. Found another hobby winemaker that has the ground but had no interest in growing the grapes. He is a MUCH better wine maker than I am, I am much better at growing things.

We are on our way now. Will see how it goes.

IMG_0707-2.jpg

IMG_0708-2.jpg

IMG_0711-2.jpg

IMG_0713-2.jpg

IMG_0726-2.jpg

IMG_0727-2.jpg

IMG_0728-2.jpg

IMG_0729.JPG

Looks great! That is a ton of work. What did you plant, as asked by others, and where are ya?

A lot of work there but it will be worth it, at least that is what I keep telling myself

Putting in a number of different ones hoping to find what may work best for us.
Frontenac
Sabrevois
Marquette
Itasca
Louis Swenson

I have Frontenac at my place now, just 30 vines. But had run out of room and wanted to try a few more. Not sure how well some of them will do, but if they work, will concentrate on those that do.

Thinking of putting up hoop houses over some. They seem to have success doing that in China and Russia. It is mainly the early season we have the biggest problem.

Been awhile since an update. Now have 425 vines in, 225 of them this year. Of the 200 from year one, we lost about 20. We had a water delivery issue that was noticed too late.

Been awhile since an update. Now have 425 vines in, 225 of them this year. Of the 200 from year one, we lost about 20. We had a water delivery issue that was noticed too late.
Nice Vineyard, I wish i had the space, ive got about 8 acres that i could plant, but ive planted 1.2 acres.

Latest posts

Back