Will my wine improve

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yppaul

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I finally finished my first attempt at making wine with the 6 gallons of Master Vintner Winemaker's Reserve Pinot Noir. I finished bottling the wine 7 days ago and decided to pop open a bottle today and see how it tasted.

Upon opening the smell was very "fruity" similar to the smell that was coming off during fermentation. The taste also was ok but very "singular" and fruity. Is this because I haven't aged the wine? Will it improve over time?

Is it normal - has anyone else experienced this?

I followed all the recipie steps and my hydrometer reading showed me I was on track.

Any help would be much a appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Last edited:
Let it rest minimum a month after bottling, IMO. The longer you can let it rest the better...

yeah, I have bottled some wine that was awful, but after aging a couple years was some of the best I have tasted, I wouldn't even taste it until it has aged at least 6 months.

first you wine has not gotten over bottle shock. assume that someone shook you by the neck for five minutes, that is the analogy that you wine went through in the bottling. wait a month or better for first taste. wait 6 months before considering consumption at higher level. two year would be wonderful.

Latest posts

Back