Other Wilko white wine kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
I’ve been given a Wilko white wine kit and followed all instructions, it has cleared very nicely and looks like a pure water ! But it’s tastes awful 😞 what can I add to it to make it taste better ??? It is still in a 23 ltr fermenter bin !

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/tweaking-cellar-master-low-end-kits.77132/#post-857411joeswine has some great advice on adding an f-pac post fermentation. Basically you take some of your wine and simmer it with the fruit or flavour profile you wish to add, citrus maybe. I made a cherry vintners harvest that was pretty boring and added toasted cacao nibs and instant coffee and I'm embarrassed to admit I back sweetened it with chocolate coffee Torani syrup. My family loves it. I can't wait to try the same technique with orange or raspberry. You have nothing to lose.

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/tweaking-cellar-master-low-end-kits.77132/#post-857411joeswine has some great advice on adding an f-pac post fermentation. Basically you take some of your wine and simmer it with the fruit or flavour profile you wish to add, citrus maybe. I made a cherry vintners harvest that was pretty boring and added toasted cacao nibs and instant coffee and I'm embarrassed to admit I back sweetened it with chocolate coffee Torani syrup. My family loves it. I can't wait to try the same technique with orange or raspberry. You have nothing to lose.
Thank you ! But I’m a bit slow 🤣 how the hell do you do that ? I would love to try it 👍👍👍

Sorry I think I linked wrong thread and I can't find it. Hopefully someone wiser than me will reply. He may have said don't heat the fruit when it's post fermentation😕:oops:. I will keep looking as I need to know. If that's the case you could get a bag of frozen light coloured (tropical) fruit or melons/plums/apple grapefruit zest maybe. Think of it as making a really big sangria. Just put it in you're carboy for about a week or to taste. You may need to add peptic enzyme/campden?

making a fruit fpac my way, simmer in 2cups of the base wine just until soft then add directly into the base (primary fermentation) it then becomes a partnership with the wine, if you do the same process, if you do it in the secondary it then becomes a background enhancer.

Attachments

• IMG_20170601_200803543 - Copy (2).jpg
    IMG_20170601_200803543 - Copy (2).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    1 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1 rinse berries - Copy - Copy.jpg
    1 rinse berries - Copy - Copy.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2 - Copy.jpg
    2 - Copy.jpg