Wifi temp controller

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyT

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, just getting back into the swing of making wine again after a year and a half, I stopped due to life, a new baby and home construction. I started a few cheaper things with stuff I had laying around already and a few mist kits for the wife. It gets down in the low 60's to upper 50's sometimes in my basement so I've been using my brew belts. I was doing an apple wine and was having an issue keeping my temp between 68 and no more than 72. I like a cooler ferment for my whites and fruit. With the brew belt plugged in constantly I kept finding the temp creeping up into the high 70's. I would have to shut the belt off and let it cool then repeat until it finished. Getting annoyed with the constant monitoring to try to keep the temp fairly even I decided to look for a temp controller. While digging I came across an inkbird one that you can use over wifi. I like the idea of that since I've been traveling a good bit here lately for work. This is the one I found on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KT9J9Y4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
I was wondering if anyone had one or any other wifi capable temp controllers that their using. If so, product review on this would be helpful and any other suggestions would be awesome as well. Thanks in advanced!

Last edited by a moderator:
My InkBird is not WIFI...frankly, I do not see the need. It is a set and forget thing...it just works that good.

Remember your first few batches? You would run to the bucket and check on it every 15 minutes? After a few batches, you were "it's fine, it'll be OK" and you were lucky if you remembered your racking dates!! I think you'll wifi the snot outta the first few batches and then never look at again unless your bucket is in America and you are in China and you want to cold crash! I do see the cool factor...you can amaze your friends at work by raising your ferm temp by one degree while standing in the break room.

FYI...I am a self confessed grumpy old man with a fondness for less tech! Now if they ever make a WIFI weed puller, I'll be all over that puppy!

Yeah I'm looking down the road as well if I start brewing. I like to have all my options available. What's the saying? Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!

My $10 eBay controller has been flawless for 3-4 years. Could easily do the must temp control. Not wifi, but as said, set it and forget it. Totally programmable, turn on/off temp. I put it in an old power supply housing.

Hey guys and gals, just getting back into the swing of making wine again after a year and a half, I stopped due to life, a new baby and home construction. I started a few cheaper things with stuff I had laying around already and a few mist kits for the wife. It gets down in the low 60's to upper 50's sometimes in my basement so I've been using my brew belts. I was doing an apple wine and was having an issue keeping my temp between 68 and no more than 72. I like a cooler ferment for my whites and fruit. With the brew belt plugged in constantly I kept finding the temp creeping up into the high 70's. I would have to shut the belt off and let it cool then repeat until it finished. Getting annoyed with the constant monitoring to try to keep the temp fairly even I decided to look for a temp controller. While digging I came across an inkbird one that you can use over wifi. I like the idea of that since I've been traveling a good bit here lately for work. This is the one I found on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KT9J9Y4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
I was wondering if anyone had one or any other wifi capable temp controllers that their using. If so, product review on this would be helpful and any other suggestions would be awesome as well. Thanks in advanced!
I believe there are models that you can program to follow a certain schedule. Say 72 for 48 hours, then 68 for 36 hours, etc. It's been a while since I looked into it though. At the time I was interested in brewing a Belgian quad that followed a schedule like that, so I was looking for options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back