Why some people boil ham? its not needed and it does not improve flavor.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granrey

Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Reaction score
I have been invited to holiday dinners like Thanksgiving, Easter, new years, Christmas and others and I'm curious why they do this.

its not needed, it does not improve flavor.

I would prefer to fry it or bake it.

why?

Never heard of it. If we're talking smoked ham then where I come from that could get you shunned by the general population. Low and slow for sure, but not boiled.

Never heard of it. If we're talking smoked ham then where I come from that could get you shunned by the general population. Low and slow for sure, but not boiled.
goes back to be for refrigeration when ham was cured with salt helps remove some of the salt they also soaked them for 24 hours changing the water every 6 to8 hours to remove salt and help rehydrate them

Semi boneless ham. 15-17 lbs. wrapped in foil. Shiny side inwards. Place in roaster. Fill w water to just below 1/2 way. Place in oven @ 200*. Wait about 6 hours until fork tender. Enjoy.

I knew a lady that ran a restaurant off this for 40 years. Definitely a hit w everyone that tried it. I don’t eat meat anymore, but I would if this was served.

Latest posts

Back