WineXpert Why so sweet?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryW

Reaction score
My vintners reserve reisling kit has been bottled for 6 weeks and I just tried it. I was surprised to find it good and drinkable. It was very sour at bottling. However it is rather sweet. I expected it to be pretty dry. OG was 1.080. It was 1.000 at transfer to secondary. I didn't check it at stabilization, but it was in there for 2 weeks before I stabilized. Why so sweet?
Thanks folks.:re

I guess thats just the way the wine is perceived then. Glad you like it!

Just another question on this kit. Do you really stir up all the sediment at the bottom of carboy as per the directions? There's an inch or two of it in there. That step has got me a little nervous.

Just another question on this kit. Do you really stir up all the sediment at the bottom of carboy as per the directions? There's an inch or two of it in there. That step has got me a little nervous.

Yes. Winexpert kits are supposed to be stirred back up. Don't worry. The clearing agents they have you add help it all drop back to the bottom before bottling.

My vintners reserve reisling kit has been bottled for 6 weeks and I just tried it. I was surprised to find it good and drinkable. It was very sour at bottling. However it is rather sweet. I expected it to be pretty dry. OG was 1.080. It was 1.000 at transfer to secondary. I didn't check it at stabilization, but it was in there for 2 weeks before I stabilized. Why so sweet?
Thanks folks.:re

Wine tends to mellow out over time. You're wine is most likely losing its sharpness. Vintners reserve kits are recommended for a min 30 day wait to get the right flavors they're supposed to.

Plus, everyone's definition of "sweet" varies.

Vintners Reserve Riesling

I have a batch of Vintners Reserve Riesling going now, I was a little apprehensive until i read your post. My husband likes his Riesling a little on the sweeter side so I don't think I will back sweeten my batch. Thanks for your post. :ib

Latest posts

Back