Why brew so long?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kralenpregn7

Junior
Reaction score
If you can brew juice concentrate in six days and get it at thirteen percent alcohol, why do people brew so long?
I brew five gallons in six days, then I pour it off into individual gallon jugs, then I freeze it, then I turn it upside down and let it drip off into beer mugs.
The result gets up to twenty six percent so far that I have calculated.
I'm thinking, why do people brew so long? Can I bottle this potent concoction of mine? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

How does that saying go?
give a man a beer and he wastes an hour of his life.
teach a man to brew,
....he wakes up bright-and-early!
..something...

That sounds like a fast and easy way to get a high alc. drink but I personally prefer mine the old fashion way with aging the fruit flavors and tweaking with oak.

Because most ar einteresting in making a nice wine, not a high-alcohol hooch-juice?

-Todd

Don't tell the government where you live. Technically that is freeze distilling and I believe that it is illegal in Canada and the USA.

Steve

Illegal huh? Wow, I didn't know that. I usually don't purposefully choose to tinker outside the realms of the lawbooks. Thanks for the messages. I was looking for something a little more scientific, but maybe it's not necessary. I did reach into my closet yesterday and pulled out a bottle that had been in storage for four or five months; I actually forgot about my closet supply. At the time it wasn't worth remembering, because at the time of bottling, it tasted like complete trash. I almost threw it out, but I figured, "what the hey!" "let's see what aging does to it!" Well, I don't know exactly what happened, but the end result bears witness to the reasons "Why!"
Its that "Bouqet" thing that happens. I don't know how you would say that. But I definately have tasted the difference. And after doing so, well, I went ahead and upgraded my system. Once you taste the difference, there's no going back.
Again, thanks.

Latest posts

Back