Who's Growing What?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18 Cabernet Sauvignon
18 Cabernet Franc
9 Norton
9 Chardonnay
18 Marquette
9 Chardonnel
9 3309 Root stock
3 Zinfandel

Presently three acres (2000 vines) mixed cold climate grapes, including Marquette, Frontenac, St Croix and a few other reds plus LaCrosse, St Pepin, Chardonel, Petite Amie and some other assorted white ones. This coming spring 750 Marquette and 750 LaCrescent 750 Leon Millot and 400 Concord and 400 Niagara going in.

Any favorites for you personal use?

St.Pepin, Chardonel, Petite Amie and LaCrescent are favorites for whites.

Marquette, Leon Millot and Mn1200 for reds. You won't find Mn1200 anywhere, yet. It is the most complex red wine hybrid to come along so far. I'm hoping I can get Mn to release it soon.......... You would swear it was a fancy vinifera selection if you didn't know better.

Muscadines, elderberries, blackberries

I have 10 varieties of muscadines so far and plan on adding 3 more.
Tara
Triumph
Cowart
Scarlett
Jumbo
Carlos
Big Red
Darlene
Supreme
Ison
are the ones I have. The ones I plan to add are:
Delicious
Majesty
Eudora
The other things are a few elderberry bushes and some thornless blackberries.

Merlot
Americano
Unidentified white. (my guess is Chardonnay)

I got room for about 6 more vines, I was thinking of adding more merlot or some cabernet sauvignon to give the merlot more body.

Merlot
Americano
Unidentified white. (my guess is Chardonnay)

I got room for about 6 more vines, I was thinking of adding more merlot or some cabernet sauvignon to give the merlot more body.

Any idea what the Americano is, what we call it over here? Red or White?

18 Black Currant bushes, 1 Beauty berry bush, a bunch of Blackberries and some raspberries.

I got the Delicious variety from Sirvents Vineyard and Farm in Florahome, Florida. They also might be available next season from Grapes of Kath at Sebring, Fl. I got the Majesty from Florida A & M University, Tallahassee.

Any idea what the Americano is, what we call it over here? Red or White?

I have been trying to research that since I got the go ahead on this project. So far from what I have read in my limited Italian. (and even less info in English) is that an American hybrid was introduced to Europe in 1906 (give or take a year or two) when most vines were destroyed by disease (some claim that the imports brought the disease) Most information comes from some islands off of Portugal which they call it the strawberry grape, not so good for winemaking (sweet, low alcohol content) and there is an outright European ban on making wine from this grape. However that is in Portugal, no info about this variety this far inland. My guess is it a Merlot hybrid but I cant be sure until I have an expert examine it. Found a German recipe on making jam with this grape but no other info. It is a red.

Oh and I dont have to worry about identifying the white grapes as most have died and the remaining two have not produced any grapes in years and are barely alive so I will dig those up and plant an new Merlot or Cab.

Muscadines:
8 Ison
6 Black beauty
1 Pineapple
6 Sugargate
3 Carlos
4 Darlene
3 Welder

Trees:
7 Pecan
3 Pomegranite
10 assorted citrus
2 Fig
4 Hsoui pears

Berry vines:
1 Brazos blackberry
10 Navaho blackberries
2 Triple crown
4 Boureaugh blackberries?

Grapes:
2 LSU varities that there's no info on

Last edited:
I looked at the Womack page. They say that cowart is the largest muscadine variety. That is incorrect. I hope they know more about their vinifera grapes.

missouri vineyard

2,000 Cab Franc
500 Mourvedre
250 Petit Verdot
1000 Chardonnay
200 Cab Sauv.

Putting in Tannat and Teroldego this year.

Amigoni Urban Winery

Very nice.

Inlaws are in KC, MO. Looks like you have done a great job getting into the local retail chain stores as well as my favorite restaurant in KC, Piropos :sm

2,000 Cab Franc
500 Mourvedre
250 Petit Verdot
1000 Chardonnay
200 Cab Sauv.

Putting in Tannat and Teroldego this year.

Amigoni Urban Winery

Latest posts

Back