White Wine grapes for sale in Northern California?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denden5136

Denden
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know of anyone selling white wine grapes in Northern California in 2022? If I can be picky I am looking for Viognier or Pinot Gris, but am open to what is available. I use Cal Wine Broker for reds, but last year he only offered one pick of Chardonnay and I picked red on the same weekend.

There are these guys in Pleasanton who advertise on Craigslist: Fresh Wine Grapes for Sale from California for Wine Making on their website they list Chard and Sauv Blanc, but on Craigslist so far only reds are listed. I have no experience with them (only with Michael at Cal Wine Broker and I only do reds). I'm guessing these might be the folks who Michael doesn't like as they seem to suggest Pleasanton and Livermore are better than Brentwood, they also charge more / #.

Otherwise maybe look at the wine making club sites around you and further out toward Sacramento and foothills for possible offers?

Gilmango,
Thanks for the feedback. I have been watching Craig's list. and do work with Michael. I also have friends up in Suisun Valley so will be asking around there too.

Back