white wine from grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zadvocate

Reaction score
Anyone that has made wine from white grapes not juice buckets, what is your usual procedure?

I am thinking about making white wine from grapes this year. I am reading the morewine white wine making manual. I plan to crush, add lallezyme cuvee, so2, cold soak for a few hours then press. following that, I will fin with Bentonite. I will have to keep the juice cold during all of this. I was wondering how long you allow the finning to go on for? Any other recommendations would be welcomed.

procedure is sound. one day after adding bentonite should be enough. the idea is to clear any particles left from the crush and pressing. when wine is clear rack of the sediment and commence measurements and fermentation

I just crush, let it soak, settle on the skins with Kmeta, a few hours to overnight depending on the grape and style. press into a closed carboy or tank. Inoculate and let it go, keeping it on the cool side. Other than goferm or similar, no other additions.

Yes I have the PDF I just felt that they have a lot more steps and wanted to see what others were doing or felt about their process. Sorry I didn’t know there was another post on the same subject. I should’ve looked.

Destem, immediately press, K meta, 24 hrs add yeast in covered fermentor 10 days, into carboy. Rack 3 times through the year (blow the new carboy with inert gas before racking into) and bottle.

Destem, immediately press, K meta, 24 hrs add yeast in covered fermentor 10 days, into carboy. Rack 3 times through the year (blow the new carboy with inert gas before racking into) and bottle.

After 24 hrs you rack then begin fermentation right?

Latest posts

Back