white wine first try

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kardak

Junior
Reaction score
Hello,

After making cherry wine succesfully, lately i had time to try some white wine. I bought 22kg of white grapes from the vineyard.

Sarap_01.jpg

I processed it with my new arm operated tomato paste machine. It works great with the grapes.

sarap_02.jpg

I now have jars and bottles of grape juice, i put grape must also in the jars, but didn't put must in the bottles, as an experiment.

Sarap_03.jpg

I added Potassium Metabisulfite to jars and bottles except for the small bottle behind, (wine in that bottle will be naturally fermented)

I measured SG and it's 1.1 now. Looks good.

So i'll wait for a day before putting wine yeast, and my plan is to take the grape must out completely after 4-5 days and putting in the air lock at the same time. (Because i have to leave the summer house in a week, for a month, so i have to put the air lock a bit early i guess.

What do you think?

Am i doing fine?

Last edited:
I'm impressed by your industry.

For me making wine starting from grapes would be too much work and allow for too much error.

Looks great. I really like your tomato paste machine. Does it keep the skins from getting in the juice or how do you handle that?

Starting from scratch is better as a whole production.

Tomato machine is very nice for grapes, i don't know if i can use it with other fruits, like cherry etc.

Sarap_04.jpg

Latest posts

Back