White Marquette

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t yet but it’s a teinturier so I think folks that do that are making rosé. If I get enough from my vineyard eventually, I was thinking of making some via saignée. Where are you getting Marquette near Richmond or are your growing it?

Where are you getting Marquette near Richmond or are your growing it?

Thank you for that!

I am growing it. Just a small test plot of a few varieties to determine what grows best in my area for future vineyard expansion. While the vines are young, Marquette is doing very well, about on par with Vidal Blanc & Valvin Muscat. The thought being to be able to produce a great wine variety that isn't readily available in VA. I am liking the Valvin Muscat and Marquette thus far.

Thank you for that!

I am growing it. Just a small test plot of a few varieties to determine what grows best in my area for future vineyard expansion. While the vines are young, Marquette is doing very well, about on par with Vidal Blanc & Valvin Muscat. The thought being to be able to produce a great wine variety that isn't readily available in VA. I am liking the Valvin Muscat and Marquette thus far.
Cool! I have about 30 Marquette vines in their third year in Northern Virginia and have been pleased with them so far. I planted them for the disease resistance and they’ve been a lot easier to deal with than my vinifera. I’m in the process of vinifying my first real harvest and will provide an update on that in my wild fermentation thread in a little while. I’ve exchanged some messages with the commercial winery that grows it in Virginia and am always interested in the experience of folks growing it in our climate and others outside of the more typical Northern growing regions since there’s less information readily available.

Latest posts

Back