White House Honey Ale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool video. The other chef needed to stop pumping the auto-siphon though!!!

Looks like they have'nt made much beer, but if they follow directions it should turn out decent.. Thats a lot of pressure to be under for a homebrewer..

Well I found a round tuet today so I cooked off a batch of W.H. Honey Ale. With almost 10 pounds of fermentables I thought it would be a higher gravity than average kits. I measured SG 1.067 so I looked at Austin Homebrew and they called it 1.057 brew. Tried the Brew calculus site and they added up SG 1.066 for a 6.7 %ABV and 217 calories. Guess I'll have to skip lunch.

I made a version of this recipe, it was very watered down and light, not much body at all, but if this is how the Prez likes his beer...so be it.... I prefer more body in my beer, I'm surprised that the white House didn't bring in someone that knew how to brew all grain.
I've made about 7 or 8 brews adding fresh honey, it really gives it a nice light sweetness, body and mouthfeel.

Latest posts

Back