White grapes in CA/Bay Area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Americanhooch

Trying not to screw up too bad
Reaction score
I'm looking to make a skin contact fermentation white this year, but the usual brokers for home winemakers (e.g. Brehm) only sell white juice, so I'm left hunting for a vineyard that'll sell me small number of lugs (3–6). So far, my cold emailing attempts have struck out, but I'm not really connected with the grape world, so that doesn't surprise me.

Anyone here have any tips for finding decent, Bay Area vineyards open to selling to home winemakers? Are there any obvious alternative brokers that I'm not thinking of? I'm open to any white variety for this, since it's more about the method that I'm experimenting with. I'm in the CA Bay Area, so there's got to be something nearby!

If you are not adverse to picking them yourself, this guy (http://www.calwinebroker.com/) occasionally has white grapes at good prices.

I have purchased Petite Sirah and Cabernet through him and have been very pleased. I really can't speak to any white grapes though him as I have not done that.

You basically sign up for his email list, then during the season, you get weekly emails about available grapes. It's low key but fun to go to a "pick".

I’ve used the Grapes List found on the Fermentation Solutions website to source grapes in the South Bay. You’ll need to create an account to get access to the list.

Latest posts

Back