White grape wine recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grapegirl

Junior
Reaction score
Anyone have an easy, few ingredient recipe for a white wine? I still have so many grapes. I think they are Niagara. My friend helped me with a batch but she added water and it tastes....well, watery. Thinking about getting another carboy and trying another batch. Thanks!

The short answer is crush the grapes, press out the juice, add wine yeast and let it go. There is no need to add water to grapes.

You want a hydrometer, which determines specific gravity. This tells you how much sugar the grapes contain and verifies when fermentation is complete (fermentation stopping does not mean it's complete).

The third link on this page is a good manual for making white wine. Read the relevant sections and post questions regarding things that don't make sense or need clarification.

This link is my notes for my 2020 Sauvignon Blanc, so you can see the process I used. One difference is that I purchased juice, and did not have to crush-n-press.

Latest posts

Back