White grape juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bakervinyard

Reaction score
I bought this white grape juice in the fall to add to my cranberry wine. i haven’t used this before. Is this the right color or did it go bad. Can I still use this ?B7AEB82B-85F7-4621-9E4A-7EE80A2B4AA9.jpeg

What varietal? It looks a little too red, but even if it was bad would probably look orange. Personally I would ferment separate than your cranberry, if it’s good then blend it in.

@ Ohio Bob, it’s only 1 lt. I add it to my wine kit to give the wine more body. Don’t know if it’s worth to ferment separate. Only cost 25.00 , just as Sonny’s to toss it.
Thanks, Bakervinyard

White grape concentrate is not white or clear. I added 1 liter each of white and red concentrate to an elderberry, and the white looked pretty much like the picture.

White grape concentrate is not white or clear. I added 1 liter each of white and red concentrate to an elderberry, and the white looked pretty much like the picture.
curious where ya get your concentrates from?

i agree with Ohio Bob - ferment separate - to be safe
if it isboxidized it will ruin your batch
taste it - if is has an off smell - if both are off then its oxidized - pitch it down the sink
i don't make kits - all my wine is from grapes - without knowing the varietal cannot say ???- if its a chard,sav blanc,french columbard, then its oxidized

curious where ya get your concentrates from?
My LHBS, American Brewmaster in Raleigh

i don't make kits - all my wine is from grapes - without knowing the varietal cannot say ???- if its a chard,sav blanc,french columbard, then its oxidized
It's not oxidized. White concentrate is not clear -- the color of the juice is magnified by the concentration process. It looks like a brown syrup.

My Chardonnay In Detail blog shows pictures of the FWK Chardonnay concentrate, which is darker than other white concentrates.

https://wine.bkfazekas.com/2021-finer-wine-kits-chardonnay-in-detail/

that's interesting - didn't know that about the kits
The first time you open a box and see the concentrate, it's a surprise! ;)

It's somewhere in the REALLY long FWK thread -- I posted pictures that show the difference in color between a 19 liter carboy, 11 liter carboy, and a glass of wine. This is true for any wine, juice or concentrate, although juices are not typically as striking.

The first time you open a box and see the concentrate, it's a surprise! ;)

It's somewhere in the REALLY long FWK thread -- I posted pictures that show the difference in color between a 19 liter carboy, 11 liter carboy, and a glass of wine. This is true for any wine, juice or concentrate, although juices are not typically as striking.
as forest gump said - its like a box of chocolates u don't know what ur going to get

Latest posts

Back