Other Which mfg do you prefer. i have only purchased Cellar Craft.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mosti Mondale
CellarCraft
RJ Spagnols
Personally I'm a big Vineco fan - mostly Ken Ridge Showcase, but some Cheeky Monkey, Ken Ridge Classic, and Vinterra. Gonna make a KR Founders Series one of these days too.

In RJ Spagnols, I've been very pleased with Cru Select, and the one Hightail that I made. But Cellar Craft Winery Series and En Primeur should be pretty good too.

I've made some Winexpert Selection Limited Editions that turned out very well. Haven't made any of the other Selection family kits.

Each of those manufacturers has brands that I didn't mention. As a rule, that means that I expect them to be lower quality.

Steve

First old Cellar Craft especially their Limited Editions (court's out on Vineco takeover)
Second Mosti, Renaissance and Meglioli (takes two years but becomes great)
Third Spagnols Whinery series (good after only one year but after second year Mosti is better to me)

I would rank the kits that I have made in this order:

1. Cellar Craft. I have used both their Showcase collection (reds) and their Premium collection (whites) and found both to be excellent. I have ordered the limited release Sangiovese/Cabernet Sauvignon and I am eager to see how the Vineco acquition has affected the product.
2. RJ Spagnols. Their Winery Series never disappoints.
3. Wine Expert. Only for their very high end kits.
4. Mosti Mondiale. Only for whites. I have been disappointed in their reds all the way up to and including the All Juice Masters Edition. I have not tried the Meglioli because there are less costly and excellent alternatives.

These are the only kits that I have made and I understand that some people would disagree with my assessment of Mosti Mondiale. I am not sure what my problem is, maybe not enough talent or maybe not letting them age long enough. I suspect that I am doing something wrong because several very talented winemakers on the forum, e.g. tonyt and cpfan, seem to get more out of the reds than I do.

I would also add that most of my latest and best wines are from buckets of juice (L'Uva Bella and Mosto Bello) augmented by the addition of a grape pack, which I purchase on line.

Thank you gang, I have made the decision to go with the CC Mountain Valley Cab. I have heard good reviews. You all have a great Thanksgiving with your family and if you're traveling, be safe. God Bless

Cellar Craft LR's and Showcase series are the only kits I have not been disappointed in. Every other manufacturer, I have had at least one kit that I regret purchasing. Granted the kits I regret purchasing are not quite two years old yet. So I am going to be patient and not judge them for awhile.

By the way, that CC Red Mountain Cab is going to be really good.

Latest posts

Back