Which filter pad should I use?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigandy

Junior
Reaction score
They have 3 options coarse, polish, and micron
The third one is mainly for white wines so its between coarse and polish. My wine is a winexpert cabernet kit, I have used the clearing chemicals and racked off the bottom stuff.
Let me know what you think, thanks
1681162689934.png

Don't expect a consensus on this. ;)

When I filtered, I experimented with all three grades, and decided that Coarse was sufficient for reds. I didn't see enough difference with the Polishing pad to warrant its use, and didn't see a need for the Micron. For whites the Polishing did make a difference.

They have 3 options coarse, polish, and micron
The third one is mainly for white wines so its between coarse and polish. My wine is a winexpert cabernet kit, I have used the clearing chemicals and racked off the bottom stuff.
Let me know what you think, thanks
View attachment 100256
My vote...

None!

I filtered a Dragons blood, then a Shiraz. The Shiraz survived, Although side by side another wine I could still detect a hint of it. I did it second, but the Dragons blood was completely tainted by the filter. Tasted like soap. There are discussions on this forum about it. You can search them. I am not the only one.

I dumped 3 gallons down the drain and will never use a Buon Vino again. Not worth the risk.

Latest posts

Back