where to purchase Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbrand

Junior
Reaction score
So for the past 4 years we have gotten grapes shipped to a local homebrew store. This is going to be the last year they do this, and I am just thinking of next year, and wondering where and how I am going to get grapes. Are there retailers that ship to small home winemakers? Love the quality we have gotten over kits, and I want to continue using fresh grapes each year. Thanks for your help.

I'm part of a NC co-op that group orders through Musto. I have no idea if they ship to CO or what the charges are. We get a good price because of the large purchase -- this year over 4 tons of grapes.

How close are CO wineries to you? They may not deliver, but if it's a reasonable driving distance, you may find vineyards that will sell to consumers.

Here is another option for "mail-order" grapes. Wine Grapes Direct I have vinified both their frozen musts (red) and their juices (white) with excellent results. They ship frozen with foam packaging and should arrive only partially thawed. Their quality control is very good and the tested numbers supplied have always come very close to what I measured prior to pitching yeast.

Depending on where you are located, 5280 Produce in Denver gets California grapes every Fall. They get several varieties and range in price from about $40-50 per 36lb of fresh grapes, or about $50-60 per 6gal pail of grape juice. From my experience, the quality has been great.

Back