Where to purchase dried fuits, etc?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Based on a recent thread by Becks, I am going to ask this again. Where can I buy dried fruits and berries. As I am sure you may realize, shipping to Alaska (from the States) can be outrageous in cost. So for me to consider buying 5 gals or more of the juices you all talk about is just way too expensive.

I would consider purchasing dried product that could be rehydrated and used to make wine.

Outside of Becks recent thread I haven't heard any talk on using a dried product. Any other experiences with dried product, and where have any of you purchased this type of product?

Troy

"Casa De fruita" Central coast California........Dig -it Upper

Dried fruit is costly, probably more than shipping a kit from lower 48.

Didn't want to here that MIke! The cheapest I can make wine for is $6/gal for the concentrated juice, $1 or so for the yeast, and about $4 for the sugar to make 4 gallons, the additives are minimal, but that equals about 26 skins or so to make 4 gallons. Best I can do. Kits here are really spendy.

I may be stuck doing it the old fashioned "hillbilly/redneck" style, which is fine with me. Just wish I could find a way to experiment with some of the fine wines some of the members in here produce.

Sticking my chest out knowing enough to make something the "old fashioned way",

Troy

Then I quess my only option will be to perfect what I make from concentrated juice from the freezer section.

Sometimes, it is possiblr to find a good deal on fruit, but that option isn't always available.

I promise to do the best I can with what I have. Thanks to all in here, I am able to do that!

Have you looked into Alexanders concentrate in cans?

Latest posts

Back