Where to order premium kits this time of year?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sremick

Reaction score
So in a few months (July?) I'm going to want to be doing another kit. My local shop is out of premium (WineXpert LE) kits. Any suggestions on where I can order premium kits (preferably 6-gallons) this time of year?

I'm a newbie so I'm not experienced with what kits are considered "premium", and which ones are good vs which ones suck.

So in a few months (July?) I'm going to want to be doing another kit. My local shop is out of premium (WineXpert LE) kits. Any suggestions on where I can order premium kits (preferably 6-gallons) this time of year?

I'm a newbie so I'm not experienced with what kits are considered "premium", and which ones are good vs which ones suck.
Labelpeelers! Or Homebrewit.
https://labelpeelers.com/
https://www.homebrewit.com/

Wine Expert LE are Limited edition, their premium kits are the Eclipse lines. RJS has the En Primeur line and Cellarcraft has the Showcase line they should be available year round. Your local shop should have the Eclipse if they had the LEs.

Wine Expert LE are Limited edition, their premium kits are the Eclipse lines. RJS has the En Primeur line and Cellarcraft has the Showcase line they should be available year round. Your local shop should have the Eclipse if they had the LEs.
Thank you. I'll check with them about the Eclipse. Are all of those 6-gallon kits? Any subjective opinions on relative quality?

Thank you. I'll check with them about the Eclipse. Are all of those 6-gallon kits? Any subjective opinions on relative quality?
All of the kits Jeff mentioned are considered premium 6-gallon kits. It's misleading though, because they all require additional water, some require more additional water than others. Premium kits should come with 6-gallons of juice, no water to ad. Only one manufacturer does that (Mosti Mondial) but they're no longer available at reasonable pricing unless you're in Canada.

Only one manufacturer does that (Mosti Mondial) but they're no longer available at reasonable pricing unless you're in Canada.

Hmm.. Any customs issues bringing wine kits over the border (being food and all)? I live very close to Canada and cross over frequently (I even have a NEXUS card). Next would be if there was a shop I could pick it up from either in Montreal or between Montreal and the border with VT/NY/NH or vicinity.

Mosti is I believe based in Montreal - you should definitely be able to find a shop that has them, I have made both their All-Juice kits and their Mergoli Limited editions they are very good.

For the Eclipse, the Stags Leap Merlot is considered one of the best by many here, the Lodi Cabernet is good if allowed to age a minimum of 2 years. I personally make more of the RJS kits of which the Amarone and Super Tuscan are both great.

Guys, I'm pretty sure Labelpeelers does not carry RJS kits do they? Where do most folks buy RJS kits from online?

Guys, I'm pretty sure Labelpeelers does not carry RJS kits do they? Where do most folks buy RJS kits from online?
The only reasonably priced place left since FVW closed is the unmentionable place in FL.

You can google “all juice buckets” if you want 100% wine grape juice for wine, I’ve never made them before though. I know theres another place Walkers All Juice that sells 100% wine juice in buckets. I always use Label Peelers for Eclipse Kits and Southern Homebrew in florida for my RJS Premiere Kits.

I purchase from Midwest Supplies; but only when they are running 20% off (which does happen quite frequently). With their free shipping, an En Premieur kit runs about $150

Latest posts

Back