Where to get grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where can someone get fresh grapes? I live right next to wine country and can't find a source. Called some vineyards, talked to a buddy who works at one... No luck for hobbyist.

Where are you? They are easy to come by in eastern Washington.

California boardering Sonoma and Napa counties. Vineyards don't appear to be interested in selling to small fries like me.

Wow it was that simple. Craigslist never even crossed my mind. Plus I can pick what I want myself. Thanks!

No problem. In my neck of the woods there are 3-4 sites that locals can advertise things like this (craigslist, used nanaimo, kijiji, etc). I am sure there is for you as well.

It does take some work. I manage the vineyard for our community (Loomis, Nor Cal). I hosted a home winemaker day for the Sac Home Winemaker club. They did a group buy of 2 tons of cab franc, then weighed and separated into smaller batches. It worked out well and some home winemakers got commercial quality grapes for $.75 per pound.

Latest posts

Back