WineXpert Where to find Apres kit ingredients list? No chocolate in chocolate wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jak

Junior
Reaction score
Besides on the side of the box, where can I find Apres kit ingredients list? Last week I started a batch of the Apres Chocolate Mocha. On the side of the box it did NOT list ANY chocolate or coffee. Does a kit wine with Chocolate in the name really not have any Chocolate in it? I know flavor notes don't necessarily come from the ingredients. Meaning banana notes in wine make from grapes does not mean the wine had a banana tossed in but still . . . we are talking about chocolate here. Serious stuff.
So what I want to know is if I read it correctly - no choc in Chocolate Mocha kit and if the Choc Raspberry is also reads the same way. Thanks

Most of the port style kits have a flavoring pack added after the fermentation is complete the chocolate or coffee flavor comes from that flavoring pack. What is in that flavoring Pack is probably considered a secret and they don't tell you it's got 12% artificial coffee flavoring (and that's just a number and thing I made up, probably has no relation to reality).

I emailed [email protected] and was pleasantly surprised to get a quick response from an actual human being. And, unfortunately no real chocolate or coffee, only flavorings. I should have known at that price point but when I saw the words wine, chocolate, mocha all so close together my brain just stopped working. Oh well, I am sure like the Chocolate Raspberry, it will be a hit and most people will be delighted anyway.

I have about 30 flavorings in my wine room, not one of them contain any of the real ingredients, only their chemical substitutes. This may not be as bad as it sounds as sometimes a natural flavor will react in an unexpected way, whereas the chemical substitute will act as it's supposed to.

Back