Where to buy your Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffg

Junior
Reaction score
Hi there :) I am in Wisconsin. I am looking for a place to buy lugs of grapes. I have made wine this way before, and I prefer it. I used to pick them myself from a vineyard from across the state, however they recently closed/sold to someone else. And help would be helpful. Thank you :)

Hi there :) I am in Wisconsin. I am looking for a place to buy lugs of grapes. I have made wine this way before, and I prefer it. I used to pick them myself from a vineyard from across the state, however they recently closed/sold to someone else. And help would be helpful. Thank you :)

Welcome to WMT!

Where are you in Wisconsin? If in the Milwaukee area, you should join the Wisconsin Vintners Association: https://www.wihomewinemakers.com. We often do group buys of grapes and/or pails. It has been a little spotty in the last few years, I will have to acknowledge.

If near Madison, there is a group called the Prairie Home Vintners. They are active, but I don't think that they have a working website. (I could be wrong about that.) If you want a contact email, send me a private message (PM), by clicking on the envelope icon on the upper right side of your screen. (I do not wish to publicly post some poor guy's personal email address!)

There are also active buying groups across the southern border in far suburban Chicago (Libertyville, if memory serves, but don't quote me on that).

I am in the Fox Valley Area. About an hr south west of GB.

Well, I guess it is a horse apiece from there to the two places I mentioned.

I am not aware of a club in, say, Appleton, Neena, or Oshkosh. However, someone at a LHBS (local homebrew store) in that area probably would know if there is an active club. There seems to be a beer homebrew club in Appleton (ALE Club News – A BLOGSPOT FOR THE APPLETON LIBATION ENTHUSIASTS HOMEBREW CLUB) but I know nothing about them. But there is a lot of crossover between the beermaking and winemaking communities, so that may be worth looking into.

Same problem, I live west of Chicago and my sources for grapes are getting harder to find. Any thoughts.......I Just need a few lugs to enhance my Chilean Pails which are due to arrive this week.

Thank you I appreciate the help. :)
My neighbor has about 700 vines, might be interested in selling. Arcadia,WI. As I recall three varieties. Blue bell was one, don’t recall other two. If you are interested let me know and I will ask.

I buy my grapes from cronenwett farms in Lawton, MI they have a range of varieties to choose from and they will crush the grapes for you at the vinyard when you pick up

Same problem, I live west of Chicago and my sources for grapes are getting harder to find. Any thoughts.......I Just need a few lugs to enhance my Chilean Pails which are due to arrive this week.
I also live near your location - It is almost too late to purchase grapes from Chilean grapes this year - especially because of this Covid going around and restrictions.
]

I am in the Fox Valley Area. About an hr south west of GB.

If interested I belong to both those Clubs in Wisconsin - both are equally Great ! Pm me if you want more information. Hopefully they will be both opening up soon - because of this Covid

I suggest trying to reach Mark Hart at Ashwabay (so) Vineyards in Ashland. He knows many in the vineyard business and may be able to help you. Very knowledgeable guy and knows more than I will ever know. I believe he has a website too.

Latest posts

Back