Where to buy online?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to post to give some credit to Northern Brewing: I made an order with last week, and they promptly shipped it, I could see it's progress on the fedex website. This included my pH meter and malic acid test kit, among some other odds and ends that I needed. I saw that on friday the fedex website updated this order and said that it was delivered around 11:00 AM. I was at work, so I had to wait to go home.

When I get home, I don't see a package at any of the usual locations, garage, front door, back door. I take a look around the place several times, no package. So I thought, maybe fedex made a mistake and either put it at a neighbors house, or maybe didn't deliver it yet. I send an email to all my neighbors and they say no, they didn't get it.

On monday, I call fedex - Yes, they claim to have delivered it, and they get in touch with the driver who says that he put it IN my garage. Which would have been impossible given that it was closed. Either way, he says he delivered it to the right place and that I would have to take it up with Northern Brewing.

So I don't really feel like this is Northern's fault at this point, but I send them an email anyways, and after a few exchanges, they inform me that they are going to place a claim with fedex, but regardless they are replacing my order and it will be here by this weekend. I was surprised, but very happy of course!

Yeah, that's a pretty good trick eh? I wish it were possible, it would be a lot safer. Regardless, I know everyone has their favorite online retailers, and I have bought from several with all good results, but I thought Northern deserved some extra credit today.

The other possibility is that it was stolen, and as much as that would scare me, I'd like to see the look on the criminal's face when he opens up a bunch of winemaking equipment that he probably has no idea what it is. I did buy a pound of potassium metabisulphite, so if that's the case, maybe he'll think it's cocaine and snort a big line of it.

Back