Where to buy New York grown grapes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I‘m in New York City and have been making wine from grapes from California and Chile for several years. I want to try some locally grown grapes, around 1000 pounds. Can anyone recommend vineyards in New York, Finger Lakes, Long Island etc. that will sell whole fruit to home winemakers?

Thank you very much!

Tom

Thank you. They don’t sell whole grapes but I’ll keep them in mind.
When I purchased from them (MANY moons ago), they sold in lugs. Since then things have changed -- probably easier (and cheaper) for them to have you bring your own container for pulp. My b-in-l likes their juice, so the quality is still solid.

If you don't find a better option, call them and ask about whole grapes.

There’s also a wine/beer making place in New Paltz that distributes grapes. It used to be a fruit and vegetable cold packing warehouse / wholesale / store. The owner‘s name is Jerry and he’s very helpful.

Pantano’s Wine Grapes & Home Brew
pantanosbeerwine.com
(845) 255-5201

There’s also a wine/beer making place in New Paltz that distributes grapes. It used to be a fruit and vegetable cold packing warehouse / wholesale / store. The owner‘s name is Jerry and he’s very helpful.

Pantano’s Wine Grapes & Home Brew
pantanosbeerwine.com
(845) 255-5201
Thank you. I’ve been there and Jerry s a great guy. I know he gets Chilean and California grapes, I‘LL call and see if he does NYS grapes.

Tom

Latest posts

Back