Where to buy juice buckets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryano

Wino in training
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get fresh juice buckets? Either locally in the northwest, (Vancouver, Wa/ Portland, Or.) or online
Thanks,
Bryan

Yo might find some here and there but chances are even though they are kept in very cold conditions they eventually start fermenting and once it starts to warm up it will ferment like a SOB and shipping this can be a mess.

Wade,
What about frozen must or juice this time of year? It's certainly cold enough that I wouldn't think they'd start fermenting in route.

Fred

Thats another story but dont see that option often in my area. Not to many places have that kind of availables space to have a freezer full of wine and all the kits amongst everything else.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll see if I can track down someone local that is similar to Walkers.

If you can wait till April / May the Chilean juices will be available. Then the problem will be WHERE you can get them in your area.

ugh I would also try here as they say they are available year round [url said:
http://www.papagnivineyard.com/[/url]

thanks, I'll give these guys a call

Fresh juice (spring or fall) in NC?

I've been making wine for 3 years now. I live in NC and have been buying fresh CA juice in PA... 10 hr drive. There must be some place in NC that sells fresh juice in the fall at least if not S. Amer. juice in the spring... but I can't find it. Keystone Homebrew Supply in Montgomeryville, PA has a great selection; I've bought Zinfandel, merlot, chianti, and brunello and have had great results... but 10 hrs. each way is hard to take. Any help?

It may not be closer like in NC but Gino Pinto in Hammonton NJ. He sells the juice to Keystone and wineries He will ship as well. They also get Italian (sept/oct) and chilean (april) juice
www.ginopinto.com

budsweezy,

I live in Granite Falls, NC--not too far from you. I regularly order frozen juice and frozen grapes from Midwest Wine Supplies, Minneapolis, MN for home delivery by UPS http://www.midwestsupplies.com/winemaking-ingredients/wine-recipe-kits/frozen-musts.html.

I also know a fellow in Durham who coordinates a group buy on fresh grapes in season from CA---he has contacts for SA grapes also. He does this at cost or "for the fun of it" with no profit motive and it saves on markup and freight costs. He has a wide choice of grapes and vineyards to choose from.

I'll PM you with his email address and other particulars if you're interested. I wasn't able to participate this year, but I know someone in Hickory who did---you may know him.

A drive to Durham is certainly better than a 10 hour drive to PA.

Hope this helps.

Fred

budsweezy,

I live in Granite Falls, NC--not too far from you. I regularly order frozen juice and frozen grapes from Midwest Wine Supplies, Minneapolis, MN for home delivery by UPS http://www.midwestsupplies.com/winemaking-ingredients/wine-recipe-kits/frozen-musts.html.

I also know a fellow in Durham who coordinates a group buy on fresh grapes in season from CA---he has contacts for SA grapes also. He does this at cost or "for the fun of it" with no profit motive and it saves on markup and freight costs. He has a wide choice of grapes and vineyards to choose from.

I'll PM you with his email address and other particulars if you're interested. I wasn't able to participate this year, but I know someone in Hickory who did---you may know him.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Fred,
Can you share this email address / information with me as well. Thanks!

budsweezy,

Hope this helps.

Fred

Have you had good luck with the frozen grape buckets from Midwest? I'm looking at purchasing one or two buckets of the charles smith cab 2008.

there is a place in yadkinville that sells buckets of juice you can get on their mailing list and they will send you a list of what they'll be able to get it's called Link here>>> Carolina Wine Supply their address and stuff is as follows
406 West Maple Street
Yadkinville, NC 27055
(336) 677-6831

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Fred[/QUOTE]

I've been making wine for 3 years now. I live in NC and have been buying fresh CA juice in PA... 10 hr drive. There must be some place in NC that sells fresh juice in the fall at least if not S. Amer. juice in the spring... but I can't find it. Keystone Homebrew Supply in Montgomeryville, PA has a great selection; I've bought Zinfandel, merlot, chianti, and brunello and have had great results... but 10 hrs. each way is hard to take. Any help?

I know it's only a couple hours closer than Montgomerville, PA, but you can get juice here: Forest Hill, Maryland

http://stores.harfordvineyard.com/-strse-template/index/Page.bok

Last edited:
I forgot to mention I'm going to order a pail of Niagara Juice from Walker's Fruit Farm. Niagara is my wife's favorite, so I figured I should make her a batch, so she let's me continue the hobby :i

Just got my pail of Niagara Juice from Walkers. Going to start my batch tonight if I can get out of work on time.

Has anyone else used their juice?

Latest posts

Back