Where to buy juice buckets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walkers Fruit Farms and Wine Juice in Forestville, New York

http://www.walkersfruitbasket.com/index.html

click on Pail Prices, or you can drive your tank truck up there and bring back a load.

My pail of Niagara came with yeast, yeast nutrient and instructions, and a nice reusable screw top 5 gallon container.

Mail:
2860 Route 39
Forestville, N.Y.14062

Phone:
(716)679-1292

FAX:
(716)679-9113

LOL, just kidding. I was making weekly trips there this fall. Had excellent results up until the last batch that I'm having trouble with it clearing.

Which of their juices have you used. Glad to hear you've been successful with their products. This is my second batch of wine, the first was a Summer Breeze kit, still in the carboy.

OK, Now I see.....Edinboro is only an hour and a half from Walkers. Must be nice! Shipping for a pail of juice to Maryland was $27.00! Almost as much as the juice itself.

Harford Vinyard in Forrest Hills, MD (just 30 minutes away from me) is taking orders for Chilean juice. I'm going to try their Muscat this spring.

Thats great Doug you have a place close enought to get the Chilean juice. This will be my first time getting it. After hearing all the talk about it, I've been holding off getting anything else from Walkers to get the Chilean. Also keep in mind in the fall you'll be able to get the Italian and Californian juices cheaper than Walkers.

I haven't even tasted my first batch yet, and I am already planning batches 4,5 and 6. I've got the bug! I'm also looking at an Ice Wine kit that just went on sale at the local home brew store.

So much time, so little wine

That brings up a few questions. I don't know what I would do with 3 or 5 gallons of ice wine. As much as I like it, that much will last a long time.
Does it age well?
Will it improve with age, say 3 or more years?

Speaking for myself. YES mine did get better with age

What does the Peptic Enzime do?
The Walkers instruction don't mention it.
Of course they don't tell you to measure the SG either...which surprised me.

What does the Peptic Enzime do?
The Walkers instruction don't mention it.
Of course they don't tell you to measure the SG either...which surprised me.

Well let me tell you a little story. I never used it before either with no issues. That is until my last buy on Dec. 2. Now I have 30 gallons of wine that I am trying to clear. Adding the pectic enzyme in the beginning before the yeast may have prevented the problem I am having now with a hazy wine. Believe me an ounce of prevention....

I am sure djrockinsteve and Wade will chime in here later tonight also with their thoughts.

I bought Peptic Enzyme last night, how much should I dose in 5 gallons of Walkers Niagara juice?

Were there directions on the bottle. Something like 1/2 teaspoon per gallon if its podwer. I just picked up some liquid from Presque Isle you only add a few drops per 5 gallons.

What does the label say?
Is it powder or liquid?

If powder 1/2tsp per gal

Latest posts

Back