• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Where to buy cheap wine bottle

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo619

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any great website where they buy cheap wine bottles from?

Thanks!

Although they have a small selection, Label Peelers is pretty cheap. About $12 per case and was $20 FedEx Ground shipping. I used Packaging Options Direct once, and while I paid $6 a case, shipping was astronomical ($50).

If you have a winery nearby, consider going there. Most would be happy to give them away since they just recycle them.

If you don’t mind doing a little work, check your local winery. Where I from, they can’t re-use the bottles they consume for their wine tasting. I get once used bottles for $5 a case from my local guy. You just have to soak the labels off. If you have a couple wineries around you, find the one that has the labels that come off easy. I’ve clean off more than a couple hundred bottles. Good luck.

All American Container. 8.44 a case and watch for specials. Don't know how much $$ for shipping. We take a pickup and bring back pallets of 90 cases at a time

Bottle related so not a total hijack. I've been looking for amber because they are supposedly superior for long term storage. Why aren't they more popular? I know beer vendors, where light skunks beer, sell in green because of sales. :(

Label Peelers has green bottles on sale right now for about 8 dollars a case. I’m on my way there as soon as they e mail me there’re ready for pick up.

For personal use, I collect alcohol bottles from friends. Washing and removing plastic labels, is a PITA but, it's' free'. Bars here, sells bottles too. It's an option as well.

All American Container. 8.44 a case and watch for specials. Don't know how much $$ for shipping. We take a pickup and bring back pallets of 90 cases at a time

I was in the Pittsburgh area last week and picked up 30 cases of deep punt Antique Green Bordeaux bottles for $8.89 a case, it was only 20 minutes from where I was staying. After tax and the pallet charge it was $9.69 a case. It's close to the same as what I pay when I get them from the local wineries but not close to what I need.

we just picked up 50 cases of Antique Green Bordeaux for $5 a case there yesterday. they had flint Burgundy bottles for $5 a case too, but they were a bit shorter than the usual Burgundys that we get, so we passed. We return our pallets, so no charge for the pallets,

we just picked up 50 cases of Antique Green Bordeaux for $5 a case there yesterday. they had flint Burgundy bottles for $5 a case too, but they were a bit shorter than the usual Burgundys that we get, so we passed. We return our pallets, so no charge for the pallets,

Were they deep punt? I may call them Monday to see if they have any left.

i bought the entire lot of printed cases of 750ml green mid punt bottles. Over run of production for 5 bucks a case, 230 cases. I don't care what the printed case boxes say. I'm just concerned about the bottles and the price per case. Picked up an opened case of 10K capsules for 10 bucks.

I find the deep punts a pain to fill with my bottling wand attached to my spigot. I've been recycling them lately.

You can also go to local restaurants that sell lots of wine. Many will even save their bottles for you. I did this when I first got started. Have to soak bottles to get labels off, but they were free.

Yup I did the same thing, local high end steak house hooked me up. if there good, they will put back in the boxes also.

Latest posts

Back