Quantcast

Where to buy cheap wine bottle

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Timbo619

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any great website where they buy cheap wine bottles from?

Thanks!

skyfire322

Reaction score
Although they have a small selection, Label Peelers is pretty cheap. About $12 per case and was $20 FedEx Ground shipping. I used Packaging Options Direct once, and while I paid $6 a case, shipping was astronomical ($50).

If you have a winery nearby, consider going there. Most would be happy to give them away since they just recycle them.

VillaVino

Reaction score
If you don’t mind doing a little work, check your local winery. Where I from, they can’t re-use the bottles they consume for their wine tasting. I get once used bottles for $5 a case from my local guy. You just have to soak the labels off. If you have a couple wineries around you, find the one that has the labels that come off easy. I’ve clean off more than a couple hundred bottles. Good luck.

Hokapsig

Reaction score
All American Container. 8.44 a case and watch for specials. Don't know how much $$ for shipping. We take a pickup and bring back pallets of 90 cases at a time

1d10t

stewbum
Reaction score
Bottle related so not a total hijack. I've been looking for amber because they are supposedly superior for long term storage. Why aren't they more popular? I know beer vendors, where light skunks beer, sell in green because of sales. :(

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
The bottles shown in the post might be called green or light green. I use antique green which is close to amber in darkness and pretty much readily available.

DRM ll

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Label Peelers has green bottles on sale right now for about 8 dollars a case. I’m on my way there as soon as they e mail me there’re ready for pick up.

SpoiledRotten

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
You can also go to local restaurants that sell lots of wine. Many will even save their bottles for you. I did this when I first got started. Have to soak bottles to get labels off, but they were free. Olive Garden saved me a bunch.

RichardC

Reaction score
For personal use, I collect alcohol bottles from friends. Washing and removing plastic labels, is a PITA but, it's' free'. Bars here, sells bottles too. It's an option as well.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
All American Container. 8.44 a case and watch for specials. Don't know how much $$ for shipping. We take a pickup and bring back pallets of 90 cases at a time
I was in the Pittsburgh area last week and picked up 30 cases of deep punt Antique Green Bordeaux bottles for $8.89 a case, it was only 20 minutes from where I was staying. After tax and the pallet charge it was $9.69 a case. It's close to the same as what I pay when I get them from the local wineries but not close to what I need.

Hokapsig

Reaction score
we just picked up 50 cases of Antique Green Bordeaux for $5 a case there yesterday. they had flint Burgundy bottles for $5 a case too, but they were a bit shorter than the usual Burgundys that we get, so we passed. We return our pallets, so no charge for the pallets,

OldWino1

Reaction score
Use your restaurants friends I amassed close to 1000 bottles paid for 2 cases blue fore Rhine white

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
we just picked up 50 cases of Antique Green Bordeaux for $5 a case there yesterday. they had flint Burgundy bottles for $5 a case too, but they were a bit shorter than the usual Burgundys that we get, so we passed. We return our pallets, so no charge for the pallets,
Were they deep punt? I may call them Monday to see if they have any left.

Hokapsig

Reaction score
i bought the entire lot of printed cases of 750ml green mid punt bottles. Over run of production for 5 bucks a case, 230 cases. I don't care what the printed case boxes say. I'm just concerned about the bottles and the price per case. Picked up an opened case of 10K capsules for 10 bucks.

jvbutter

Reaction score
You can also go to local restaurants that sell lots of wine. Many will even save their bottles for you. I did this when I first got started. Have to soak bottles to get labels off, but they were free.
Yup I did the same thing, local high end steak house hooked me up. if there good, they will put back in the boxes also.