Where to buy cheap wine bottle

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Timbo619

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any great website where they buy cheap wine bottles from?

Thanks!

skyfire322

Reaction score
Although they have a small selection, Label Peelers is pretty cheap. About $12 per case and was $20 FedEx Ground shipping. I used Packaging Options Direct once, and while I paid $6 a case, shipping was astronomical ($50).

If you have a winery nearby, consider going there. Most would be happy to give them away since they just recycle them.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
shipping cost is the bugger. check Northern Brewer they have free shipping now for over $50 buy.
They do advertise free shipping but looking at the price of the bottles they tacked the shipping on it.

VillaVino

Reaction score
If you don’t mind doing a little work, check your local winery. Where I from, they can’t re-use the bottles they consume for their wine tasting. I get once used bottles for $5 a case from my local guy. You just have to soak the labels off. If you have a couple wineries around you, find the one that has the labels that come off easy. I’ve clean off more than a couple hundred bottles. Good luck.

Hokapsig

Reaction score
All American Container. 8.44 a case and watch for specials. Don't know how much $$ for shipping. We take a pickup and bring back pallets of 90 cases at a time

1d10t

stewbum
Reaction score
Bottle related so not a total hijack. I've been looking for amber because they are supposedly superior for long term storage. Why aren't they more popular? I know beer vendors, where light skunks beer, sell in green because of sales. :(

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
The bottles shown in the post might be called green or light green. I use antique green which is close to amber in darkness and pretty much readily available.

DRM ll

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Label Peelers has green bottles on sale right now for about 8 dollars a case. I’m on my way there as soon as they e mail me there’re ready for pick up.

Group Builder