RJ Spagnols Where do you usually order?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
Where do you usually order your kits from? Who has the best shipped prices? thanks (any kits - not just RJ Spagnols)

I usually look at this site sponsors. Depending on the timing, some are better than others. But all generally have very good prices and top notch service. Brew and Wine Supply, Fine Vine Wines and Northern Brewer would all be good choices. I'd recommend simply deciding what you want to buy, then checking all three of them.

I get most of mine form (in this order) Fine Vine Wines and Wine Making Depot. There may be others, But I have the added problem of living in Alaska so I often get reamed on shipping.

The best thing to do is shop around. We have some good sponsor sites, I just open all of them and see who has the best shipped price on what I want. High Gravity has $9.99 flat rate shipping, even on kits, so I've actually ordered two at a time from them. But they're getting rid of that shipping at the end of the year. Even so, they have a large number of kits. FVW has better prices on some kits vs HG, I bought my first En Primeur kit there (at the time $10 per kit shipping, pretty good), and B&W has better prices on some as well. I could not find a better price on Eclipse kits than what Doug at Brew & Wine supply has. Currently shipping $10 per kit as well I think.

So truthfully we have an abundance of good deals with the forum sponsors, and probably plenty more out there as well.

Just open a tab to all the places you want to check and compare.

Prices are all over the place as well as freight. I look for the best prices including shipping and what is on sale. This is almost always the wine makers toy store or finevinewines.com. I also like quality wine and ale for winexpert products.

I usually buy from my local store. They have a very good selection of kits (mostly RJS) and the prices are MUCH better than anywhere else on the net.

For example, RJS Winery Series range between 110$ and 120$. No shipping and no sales taxes.

It appears that wine kits are one of the very few items that are cheaper to buy in Canada than in the States.

I usually by from Midwest brewing.....they are great to do business with!!!!!!

Fine Vine Wines. George (owner) is helpful. Prices are good especially on monthly specials and members discount. Often has ten buck shipping so wach monthly sales mimbership is free and it all adds up for me. When I want a Wine Expert kit I have to treck 90 miles th Houston.

bkov....

Global Vintners store in St Catharines Ontario (aka Vineco Wine World). Sorry they don't ship.

Steve

I have used Fine Vine Wines in Texas for about 90% of my purchases. I also use L'Uva Bella in Lowellville, Ohio for juice buckets. I have found both to be excellent suppliers, when I consider all factors, i.e. price, service, selection, shipping and availability.

Back