Where do you store your wines??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep mine in an old refridgerator that stays at 58* if turned all the
way down. I will have to build something soon as it is getting pretty
full. I have 97 bottles in there and its pretty maxed out, maybe ten
more would fit but thats about it.

20061010_153150_wine_cellar.jpg

That setup looks somewhat similiar to mine Hmmmmmmmmmm
smiley36.gif

Seriously, those are some awesome pictures oil and thanks for sharing them.Edited by: Waldo

LMAO....that is awesome Waldo...you are really a character!

Thanks for sharing the pictures Dave and that must have been a great trip.

Nice job fudging the picture Waldo. I had to look close and was fooled for a second

You da Man, Waldo!

The BEST part, other than how handsome you look in that blazer, is the off-gassing carboy on the right, and all those other jugs on the left! (I'll be your straight man any day!)
smiley36.gif

Thanks All.........Ohhhh to have acellar like that. Maybe I will if my rich Uncle ever gets out of the poor house
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Good Lord Waldo! I knew you had a lot going on, but I had no idea of the extent of your inventory. Me thinks I need to come down and see this cellar of yours. Is suit and tie required?

Winesnob, that is a very distictive wine room. I love it! Maybe this
year coming up I can finally afford to redo the concrete floor in our
basement so that I can finish it. The existing floor is only about 3/4"
thick. I have to break up all the concrete and have a new floor poured
because we get a little bit of water that comes up through tiny cracks
when it really downpours, not enough to do any damage but enough that I
will not do anything with it till its down.

sangwitch said:
Good Lord Waldo! I knew you had a lot going on, but I had no idea of the extent of your inventory. Me thinks I need to come down and see this cellar of yours. Is suit and tie required?

Oh definately yes sang
smiley36.gif

Sorry for the delayed response Wade, I've been a bit busy with work (software engineer).
Thanks for the compliment!! I built it myself and it took 9 months because of the cork (wine corks) ceiling. Also, I was Mr. Mom at that time so I could only work on it late at night. For your wine cellar since you live in the NE, don't put down any insulating flooring so you can keep you cellar cool from the floor.

-Scott

I'm going to finish about 3/4 of the basement and probably just tile the floor.

My room is about 12x14. I used ceramic tiles left over from our previous house. When my kids walk in (which I don't like) with their bear feet, they don't like it. I still need to put an exterior door on it for extra insulation, but I am going to wait until winter.

Latest posts

Back