Where do you buy bottles and corks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brigitte

Reaction score
We are getting off the ground with our winery. But I’m having problems getting a source for bottles and corks. We only need 2-3 pallets of bottles and around 3000 corks. Maybe that’s the problem? It’s too small an order? I have called and emailed a few places and none will return calls or emails ? Hmmmm.
While on the subject .. any cork recommendations? We are hand corking.
Thanks for any advice !
Cheers.

We are getting off the ground with our winery. But I’m having problems getting a source for bottles and corks. We only need 2-3 pallets of bottles and around 3000 corks. Maybe that’s the problem? It’s too small an order? I have called and emailed a few places and none will return calls or emails ? Hmmmm.
Thanks for any advice !
Cheers.

I buy my bottles from my local LHBS, their prices are better than I can get on line (with shipping) for the smaller quantities I buy, you may be able to do better with online sources for a larger order like 3000 bottles.

As far as corks, mine all come from Lafitte, call and chat with them, their prices are not listed online. You pay a one time fee of $100 IIRC, for having a die made to personalize your corks, they do make corks in quantities of 1000 or more, and their prices are good for high quality corks.

I buy my bottles from my local LHBS, their prices are better than I can get on line (with shipping) for the smaller quantities I buy, you may be able to do better with online sources for a larger order like 3000 bottles.

As far as corks, mine all come from Lafitte, call and chat with them, their prices are not listed online. You pay a one time fee of $100 IIRC, for having a die made to personalize your corks, they do make corks in quantities of 1000 or more, and their prices are good for high quality corks.

Thanks for the input. I will definitely call the cork place. We
Live in Missouri so shipping rates are certainly an issue. I know I have called All American Containers 4 times now. They take my info and then nothing. Can’t recall the other places and I’m not at home.
But thanks again for the info!

3 pallets of bottles is not a small order. The source is really a function of where you are since trucking is a significant part of the cost. All I have to say about hand corking 3000 bottles is better you than me.

I didn’t think 3 pallets was a terribly small order either. Yes shipping is a problem. Was hoping to find somewhere we could pick up and haul home. As we have the equipment to manage That. Missouri is pretty far from most places.
3000 bottles... well we have a strong son. Lol

Brick packaging may be an option for bottles. I get corks from Ganau for about 9 cents each, buy by the 1000 count bag.

Thanks for any advice !
Cheers.

I order our bottles from All American. They will ship as few as 1 pallet or even part of a pallet. I've not had a problem with them here in Indiana. My contact there is [email protected]

You can also get bottles and corks from brick packaging. I like the Diam corks. They are easy to cork, remove without breaking and treated to remove chlorine to prevent TCA.

For bottles, Berlin has a several locations including one in St Louis, though I thought the price was a little high for a bulk purchase.
https://www.berlinpackaging.com/750...ed-base-bordeaux-cork-wine-bottle-6042b43ant/

For corks, my recommendation would be to use a commercial supplier like Lafitte, Scott Labs, Ganau etc. What you get with these suppliers is generally better warehouse and storage conditions, a QC lab, sensory testing program, packaging with so2 etc.

Presque Isle Winery is a good source piwine.com Also Midwest Supplies midwestsupplies.com

Brick Packaging will take care of what you need they sell full pallets or layers. 3000 corks is a small order there but will give you a price break if you want logo on corks it will be 5-6 weeks for initial order. I normally get shipments in 1-2 days from order in Missouri as well. Let me know if you want my reps contact info there.

I order our bottles from All American. They will ship as few as 1 pallet or even part of a pallet. I've not had a problem with them here in Indiana. My contact there is [email protected]

You can also get bottles and corks from brick packaging. I like the Diam corks. They are easy to cork, remove without breaking and treated to remove chlorine to prevent TCA.

Thank you for the info. I finally have someone sort of willing up work with me lol
I am supposed to be getting quotes soon. Knock on wood and cross fingers lol

Thanks to all who responded with suggestions ! I really appreciate it!

Brick Packaging will take care of what you need they sell full pallets or layers. 3000 corks is a small order there but will give you a price break if you want logo on corks it will be 5-6 weeks for initial order. I normally get shipments in 1-2 days from order in Missouri as well. Let me know if you want my reps contact info there.

John, yes I would like your reps contact info! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back