WineXpert where can you get ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adventures in Homebrewing carries them at decent prices

http://www.homebrewing.org/

Otto
smiley20.gif

<a href="http://www.cellarcraftwine.com/Distributors/UnitedStates.htm" target="_blank">

http://www.cellarcraftwine.com/Distributors/UnitedStates.htm</A>

This is the brand I wish George carried at times. Mytwo favorite kits I have ever made were Cellar Craft kits. A Rosso Fortissimo and the Amarone. I hope my WE Super Tuscan comes out as good as the Rosso Fortissimo. I also love their selection of Limited Edition kits this year. They are all reds and are all grape pack kits!

Smurfe
smiley1.gif
Edited by: smurfe

There are always well thought out reasons why I carry what I do and why I do not carry certain items. You should also consider that Austin Homebrew used to carry Cellar Craft and has dropped them as well as RJ Spagnols. All i will say is that there are "issues" with the Cellar Craft line and distribution system that makes it very "challenging" to carry their products. That is why I decided to branch out with Mosti Mondiale. Time will tell if I am right or wrong.

I am sure your reasons are valid George. Customer service between yourself and your suppliers has to be as good as between you and yourcustomers to make the entire chain work for the end user. We end users rarely hear about the issues between the retailers and suppliers though. We normally only here the likes and dislikes of the end user.

I have never heard anyone state their displeasure of a CC kit or a RJS kit or a WE kit for that matter. I guess each in their own way make good products but as we all know, a good product is only a small portion of customer satisfaction.

I do applaud branching out and offering a wider variety of brands and I sure hope they are successful. You know me, I will try about anything and look forward to trying one. Just can't decide which. I have Cabernet Sauvignon coming out of my ears here aging. I am really leaning toward one of those Port kits. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about them.

I picked up the 2 Cellar Craft kits I made from AHB during their close out sale. I believe I got the last 2 they had and got them for right at the same price as a Vintners Reserve kit. I am hoping my Super Tuscan Crushendo kit is as nice as the Rosso Fortissimo which is my favorite I have made to date. Time will tell!

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Being from the kit manufacturers "heartland", even some of the local suppliers have issues with distribution. WE, RJS, and CellarCraft are all within 30 minutes of my place. Of them all, WE has the best and biggest distribution in the US. Following that, RJS has an okay distribution system that is learning and growing, and CC can barely ship product to the US.

both WE and RJS are run by huge wine conglomerates here in Canada. CC is run by Vitality Foods, which really has nothing to do with the wine industry. So, although they make a great product, they lack the industry channels to distribute and market it effectively.

Matter of fact, as CC grows they are trying some marketing techniques that are making it hard for even me to get the product! My local supplier that used to get me all my CC kits while on his was into the shop, would stop at the factory and get what I wanted for pickup later that day. Now the CC rep has told him that unless he is ordering 10 kits, he cannot do that anymore!!!!

So now I have to deal with another shop and build a rep with them for kits, but I really like my old shop! So I will continue to buy CC kits, but not nearly as often anymore.

Strangely enough, most of the WE dealers out here are also CC dealers. But again, the product is much easier for us to get due to proximity to the place of manufacture. I think that CC is actively working on building a better distribution network, but that will take time, and they will have to also regain the trust of shops like AHB, and possibly FVW as well. However, that will be an uphill battle since WE has the best distribution network right now and all others are playing catch up.

WE has the advantage of LD Carlson for distribution. LD is all over the place and works hand in hand with WE to make sure the distribution channel stays full and the product is fresh. LD really has it act together!

I called today just as they were getting ready to put my pallets on the truck and they added an item that I needed. It was my fault for not ordering it, but they took care of me. In addition, they do an excellent job of having fresh wine kits and they replace any questionable kits.

LD is the number one reason I carry WE wine kits and I am trying to develop a similar relationship with Mosti Mondiale.

I must admit that I'm pleased with my Washington State Merlot crushed grape pack CC kit -- THUS FAR -- but that's without tasting and opening all the bottles of it -- and I think it needs more time. (And, Dean and George,I bought that through my Creston, BC contact andbrought it over the border).

From a consumer point of view, I'd really like to taste similar kits from different manufactureres after 12-18 months to determine what I like best -- but the only way to do that is on my own! My two cents worth is worth about that, 2 cents! And, it has nothing to do with your problems as the dealer, George, but now I'm tempted with the Mosti and trying to get some feedback from those with experience.

But I have to admit, from the positive reviews I've heard elsewhere (on the CC kits)that caused me to try them. Maybe the same will happen with MM -- the whole idea is intriguing...

George, it sounds like you and LD were meant to be together. You both
care so much about the customer and that is why you will both prosper
as buisnesses! Its no wonder you are one of the fastest growing wine
sales stores out there.

Don't take for an instant that I am implying that I will never carry CC kits, but don't forget that I am a bean counter. It is in my blood to be very anal(ytical) andright now CC does not appear to provide the best return for my investment. I look at new products almost daily and I am currently looking at another 50-100 "toys" and accessories. There are so many options, but I have to be careful to not jump in too fast. I have found that wading in works better and has far less risk. MM was a calculated risk and since I have almost sold out of my first shipment, it appears to have been a good decision. Time will tell.
Unlike politicians that use hindsight to bury their bad decisions, business persons are not so lucky. We have to live or die with our decisions.

I'm sorry, but I am working on next year's budget, so I am in deep bean counter mode!
smiley5.gif

You dont have to be sorry for anything George. You are watching out for
yourself but watching out for us in the same breath. Merry Christmas to
you and your family. Hopefully you can eventually work things out with
everyone and possibly sell all. That way no one would ever have to
stray for theyre favorite kit. I dont know how kit manufacturers would
feel about that but I would imagine as long as your selling their
products they wouldnt say to much.

Latest posts

Back