Quantcast

When to bottle after using super clear

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

winetress

Junior
Reaction score
I have 5 Gallons of Blackberry wine that I racked three times and it has been sitting for 6 months total from start to now. It looks very clear, but some one told me to use super clear every time before I bottle. How long do you wait after using super clear to bottle? Do I add a stabilizer before or after using super clear. I have 5 gallons of Wild Grape to bottle in 2 months, so would like to get it right.

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Super-Kleer K.C is as stated made to clarify wine. if you wine is clear it is not required. should your wine be cloudy and you do use this fining agent wait util wine is clear then rack of off the lees, and then bottle although aging is recommended. Stabilizer assuming you mean K-Meta should be added at least three weeks after fermentation is complete at first racking and every three months after racking. K-Meta at dosage of 1/4 tsp for five gallons should be added just before bottling.

Floandgary

Bottle at a time
Reaction score
"Stabilizer" in the general sense is usually referring to Potassium Sorbate. Although usually used in conjunction with Potassium Metabisulfite, it's purpose is to prevent unwanted re-fermentations after initial AF. And to be clear, let's not forget the notion that TIME is a winemakers friend.. While fruit wines are the most stubborn to clear, it is not uncommon to allow a year+ to naturally clear. If you prefer to use a clearing/fining agent, allow it to work for a week, rack off the lees, then give things a few days to settle before bottling. JMHO

winetress

Junior
Reaction score
Thanks! it looks very clear to me any way. So I think I will not use the super clear. I did already add the Stabilizer a long time ago.

Thank You for your help