when good wines gone bad

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

how many have used or tried using ZESTING

• Total voters

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
Caramel port continued.. the key elements here are the fpac,oak tannins and a teaspoon of instant coffee, that's rights instant coffee. and last but not least from Olive Nation caramel extract ( alcohol emulsion). This will add the bite you'll need to extent the caramel flavor And let it sit for at least one year. Took to best of shows with this one.

Attachments

Last edited:

MarcOlivetti

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Caramel port continued.. the key elements here are the fpac,oak tannins and a teaspoon of instant coffee, that's rights instant coffee. and last but not least from Olive Nation caramel extract ( alcohol emulsion). This will add the bite you'll need to extent the caramel flavor And let it sit for at least one year. Took to best of shows with this one.
Joeswine, how much tannin did you add to the primary?

In your sequence of photos, you are adding the extract after fermentation, when you’re racking to the Carboy; is that correct? How much extract did you add?

I’m starting a Sour Cherry Port (same company as your Toasted Caramel) and want to add a Chocolate extract (also from Olive Nation). I’m trying to time it right and how much to use. Or should I use like backsweetening. I’m very new to this.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
1 teaspoon tannins,8ozs. extract secondary.
how many oz.. is the bottle under 8 ozs (this will take time to balance itself out don't be in a hurry to drink this one ). but not more. no back sweeting should be necessary remember its a desert style port so it's sweet enough, this can be a desert wine excellent if you allow it to be.
.Have fun and keep (Thinking Outside The Box)

Attachments

Last edited:

MarcOlivetti

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Perfect, Thanks 👌Just what I needed to know. I will add the 1tsp of tannin in the morning and the chocolate extract is 8oz., so everything should work. The plan is for next Christmas season, so it’s all coming together. Thank you for the help!!!

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
That's a good plan,around the 6mo. Mark give it a tasting..

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
THE ITALIAN PRINCE OF WINES... a bit long but it shows the steps

Attachments

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
PHASE#2

Attachments

joeswine

joeswine