What's your user name mean?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefman

Reaction score
Okay, I can guess at a lot of the user names out there, but many have me baffled, so I'll start.
Reefman comes from my many years of SCUBA diving and love of coral reefs.
I've kept reef tanks of live coral, fish and inverts for over 20 years, from tropical to temperate climate tanks.

My moniker has been with me for many years, dating back to when I had a boat. The 24th is my birthday.

My user name was just the result of a random digit generator and means nothing at all.:h

(I've never used emoticons before, so I REALLY hope a big old smiley face shows up above!)

Pam in cinti

Fire Fighter and EMT at Station 128. Although I let my EMT certification expire last year and wasn't about to go through the entire testing process again. Its a volunteer company, not paid.

"b" is for Bill and "kisel" are the first four letters that spell my last name. I know, I know... borrrring!
smilie.gif
But did you catch my avatar? Marine Fighter Attack squadron 542. Among the first Marine outfits to serve in Vietnam. Now that was not boring.
smilie.gif

The term Sour Grapes, of course, comes from Aesop:

The Fox and the Grapes

ONE hot summer’s day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. “Just the things to quench my thirst,” quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: “I am sure they are sour.”
“IT IS EASY TO DESPISE WHAT YOU CANNOT GET.”

But here I meant it to connote "sour" as in "rotting" or fermenting (like sauerkraut).

Elmer
has always been my online moniker, alias, pseudonym since I first jumped on the inter-webs way back in the good ole' days of Prodigy. (does anyone remember prodigy?)

I have used it online, as a video game character alias, even used it when asked by the police.

It comes from my love and admiration of Elmer Fudd.
"he hunts the rabbit, but never gets the rabbit, but gets up and tries again the next day"
This has been my philosophy through everything I have attempted and endured: sports, music, gardening, life, love, death, wine, food......
And my ink:

elmer .jpg

Really cool thread! Great stories, nice to be able to learn more about folks.

Mine's silly, I have 3 kids, Joseph, Jacob, and Brianna. So Jojabri.

I'm from Wisconsin and I enjoy drinking (and making!) wine, beer, cocktails, etc...

Mine is Tom. That's because when I joined in '06 there was no fancy names just SPAMMERS. :wy

Mine was all I could think of when I signed up here. I really had no intention of sticking around or for that matter sticking with winemaking as I despised wine before I came here and started making it. I was just looking for some information and then my curiosity got going and.......................well, the rest is history, 1 1/2 yrs. later.

Mine's been following me around for years, I think it has to do with my creative and artistic nature or maybe my resourcefulness but I'm not quite sure if that exactly correct...
Mike Krafft

Mine's been following me around for years, I think it has to do with my creative and artistic nature or maybe my resourcefulness but I'm not quite sure if that exactly correct...
Mike Krafft

LOL! Now that certainly is crafty Kraffty.

As a career fire fighter (27+ years), I have always been into risky sports. I think it just comes with the professional mentality. In my youth, more so. For many years, I was an avid whitewater kayaker. For some reason, one good friend of mine, when he saw me coming down a rapid, would yell, "Danger! Danger!", like the robot from Lost in Space. It stuck, and I've been known as DangerDave ever since.

And that was many years before that idiot on Survivor stole it. :m

Latest posts

Back