What's your user name mean?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a musky fishing trip in Canada long long ago, my brother in law and I were bored to tears: hot, still and NO action. We started a schtick where he was Guy (say Geee with a French accent) and I was Francois. We were the crazy Francais Canadien guide du bois du nord (guides of the north woods). We told stories about the 3 toed loon, bear mouthwash and the like. It must have been sunstroke, but we entertained ourselves. And a legend was born.

15 years later, my mother calls me Francois , and no one in my family would blink if you called me Francois to my face. My niece's boyfriend said to my niece about 6 months ago: "I think it's neat how your uncle Francois' nickname is Marty."

I started using Francois on a Musky board, and since now I live in Minnesota, and fish often in the north woods, Du Nord is a perfect last name.

Best, Fran :)

On a musky fishing trip in Canada long long ago, my brother in law and I were bored to tears: hot, still and NO action. We started a schtick where he was Guy (say Geee with a French accent) and I was Francois. We were the crazy Francais Canadien guide du bois du nord (guides of the north woods). We told stories about the 3 toed loon, bear mouthwash and the like. It must have been sunstroke, but we entertained ourselves. And a legend was born.

15 years later, my mother calls me Francois , and no one in my family would blink if you called me Francois to my face. My niece's boyfriend said to my niece about 6 months ago: "I think it's neat how your uncle Francois' nickname is Marty."

I started using Francois on a Musky board, and since now I live in Minnesota, and fish often in the north woods, Du Nord is a perfect last name.

Best, Fran :)

I especially like your avatar (from Monte Python and the Holy Grail).

"I Fart in your general direction you English KANIGGOTS!"

Well there were 4 of us that used to hang together and we all had the same first name Fran or Francis which ever you prefer. So the other guys in our took the first three letters of the last name and developed our nicknames. Sim (Simeone) Med (medori) Imp (Impieri) and of course Aunt Franny for the girl's mom in our group. Notice the last names and you see why I make wine!!

Hahaha good stuff..

A few years ago we went an a family vacation. And with the festive mood of the evening I had a few glasses of wine as were others. Until now no one had seen me drink more than one. A good time was had by all and the next day I was asked if WineGary could come out and play again. It stuck and it seemed to fit.

Mine is just my new last name - was married three years ago and just these last months I finally finished switching all my documentation to reflect the new name. It's so generic that it makes a good un-identifiable username in forums.

P.s. Maurtis - I'm also a recovering WoW addict.

I especially like your avatar (from Monte Python and the Holy Grail).

"I Fart in your general direction you English KANIGGOTS!"

John,

Absolutely. I love that scene! The avatar is related to my status as an "Animal trough wiper", the subject of the castle guard's derision.

Best, Fran

If you met me you wouldn't have to ask ;)

actually I drive a ski DOO
and it is my user name on another site

Latest posts

Back