What's your user name mean?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I went to work right out of college there were 3 Mike's in our office. I was the last one there so they truncated my last name Thigpen to Thig and it stuck.

We'll, I got mine cuz my Dad liked it!!!!! And I use it always cuz if it was left up to my Mom, I would be a Shirley :slp

My name is Rodney and I live in Statesboro, GA. Some locals call Statesboro "the boro" Rod-n-boro

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

An old friend once said to me: "it's the Ray way or the Highway baby!" when discussing something that I felt rather strongly about. It's been my online handle ever since.

Why hasn't somebody thought of this topic before now.
Great thread!
Mine is simple and boring.
My legal name is Dustin, I've went by Dusty or Dust or Duster ever since I was blowing the powder out of my pampers.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making App

In junior high, a classmate erased a few letters of my name which was written on the chalkboard and replaced it with letters that ended up spelling "Cocroach". My friends have called me that since. Not such a cute name, but it stuck and I like it.

In my sophomore year in college, we had grain parties made in my waste basket. My uncle had stored a butt ugly Hawaiian shirt at my parents which I took back to school and wore at the Friday night grain parties. My future fraternity pledge brothers began to call me Don Ho, shortened to Ho, which became my fraternity nickname when I pledged the fraternity which is the second half of my moniker.

Having met my wife at a fraternity party in college, she still calls me Ho to this day.....

Last edited:
Well at the time I decided on vacuumpumpman - mainly I knew alot about the vacuum system. Yes some of you teased me - with such a long name and soo many U and P's. I was thinking of changing it to AIO - but why change now ??

Fire Fighter and EMT at Station 128. Although I let my EMT certification expire last year and wasn't about to go through the entire testing process again. Its a volunteer company, not paid.

Seems to be quite a few of us fire fighters on here. I have been volunteering for about 35 years. Still keep the EMT liscence, tho. Let it go once and the rest of the company kinda got on me about it and renewed it. Now during the day we are lucky to have one old guy(me) and a pretty good new one around if something medical comes down. Got a couple more being certified now, tho. We are quite a ways from any help, but if we call, the paid crews are quick to respond. Nice to have some paramedics show when we need them. We are all EMT's. Anybody want to volunteer, most places have a spot for you. Pay isn't anything, but sometimes you go home feeling pretty good inside. Arne.

this IS a great thread. Some of these names i have pondered over trying to figure them out. Especially Hokaspig and Thig.

Like Elmer, I have used mine since the days of Prodigy. Simple and boring. Lori, who lives in Texas. The 'Lone Star State'.

An old friend once said to me: "it's the Ray way or the Highway baby!" when discussing something that I felt rather strongly about. It's been my online handle ever since.

Well, at least you are not like my father. With him, it was always HIS WAY (no highway option)

Mine is very pedestrian. First name Craig and I am A Mason by name and choice. 1957 is the year my mom's favorite son was born.

So, any chance that I might get my hands on some of that Templar Treasure? :)
I was born and raised in Hungary in a county called Zala . With the i on the end means someone from Zala .

Is that anywhere near Vezprem?

My User name is simply my first name and the first initial of my last name. I know, boring!

It is a play on words, I am a quilter, by hobby and profession. I also dye fabric. No nick-nacks or collections for me, I used to have only one thing I collected, fabric! Now I also seem to be getting quite a collection of wines! I have loved reading this thread. :h

Latest posts

Back