What's your other hobbies?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gardening, Photography, Writing, Sleeping (thats right, i said it :) ), Cooking, Fish/Aquariums, Fishing (when i have time)

Since getting approval to plant some grapes, i've been reading about raising sheep & spinning wool, keeping bees, expanding my "gardening" to help with my "sustainable agriculture"/biodynamic-ish/organic-ish/personal take on the care of the vineyard..

Trying to work on establishing more facets to the local ecosystem, to enhance the overall health and sustainability of the land

Deezil said:
Since getting approval to plant some grapes, i've been reading about raising sheep & spinning wool, keeping bees, expanding my "gardening" to help with my "sustainable agriculture"/biodynamic-ish/organic-ish/personal take on the care of the vineyard..

Keeping bees sounds interesting. I have an interest in raising animals, reptiles, insects, ect.. That people often buy and abandon, or others are afraid of. I've seen these creatures live rough lives a pets of people I know and I try to improve it for them.

I've had a tarantula, piranha, bearded dragon, a very aggressive biting albino ferret, and a few others. I've successfully found homes that I believe were healthy for all of them except my piranha.

Riding my harley, scuba diving(bin a while)and wine making is my newest addiction! :r

GraveYard5.jpg

GraveYard14.jpg

Awesome looking ride, were the pics taken in a graveyard on purpose? Lol

lol.....keena,... yes i was visiting an old loved one, and was inspired....:pic

I must say it makes a mean looking background for that nice ride!

Man, you guys need some hobbies!!! LOL. Mainly just fishing here but I do enough of that for all of you believe me! Just got back from it 2 hours ago and will be going out again tomorrow morning. Used to race dirtbikes, play billiards and darts both i n leagues. Used to do a lot of 4 wheelin with my jeeps. Just dont have the money for that stuff any more or the back to do some of the other stuff. I have an older house that was a foreclosure that takes up the rest of my time now when I have a few $'s to do anything and family fills in any gaps.

Besides winemaking, and when I'm not studying for my Bio degree: Fishing, hunting, target shooting (new hobby), gardening (even grow fruits for wine), computer games, traveling and hosting wine tastings. I also enjoy cooking, canning, and preserving food. LEarning skills to be self sufficient. Already cut my living expenses by 65% after my job loss this past spring.

Competition pistol shooting, bullet casting and reloading, fishing, smoking meats, canning.

Auto restoration and hot rodding...

fender1.jpg

hosting wine tastings. I also enjoy cooking, canning, and preserving food. LEarning skills to be self sufficient. Already cut my living expenses by 65% after my job loss this past spring.

That's gotta feel good. Keep it up, it is worth it!

We got off the consumer lifestyle 20 years ago, and it has been great to see the effect on our bank account, but especially on our feeling of freedom. I too lost my job. Fortunately, I was able to pick something up at a steep reduction in pay after 6 weeks unemployed. Living our low-consumption lifestyle made that whole process a ton less stressful that it would have been if we were on the credit card.

My one luxury is the auto hot rodding hobby, but I only indulge it when there truly is money in the bank for it from some other sales activity or work.

That's gotta feel good. Keep it up, it is worth it!

We got off the consumer lifestyle 20 years ago, and it has been great to see the effect on our bank account, but especially on our feeling of freedom. I too lost my job. Fortunately, I was able to pick something up at a steep reduction in pay after 6 weeks unemployed. Living our low-consumption lifestyle made that whole process a ton less stressful that it would have been if we were on the credit card.

My one luxury is the auto hot rodding hobby, but I only indulge it when there truly is money in the bank for it from some other sales activity or work.

I decided to go back to school instead of getting another dead end contract job. It's been tough and will be for the next two years. Still work part time here and again but it's a struggle. Will pay off in the end though. Starting salaries in the field I want to get into are about 30% more than what I capped out at in my old job.

Latest posts

Back