What's your location?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He’s talking about Father Judge HS. My parents are still in the neighborhood. And many relatives and friends so still find myself there quite often. I grew up in Bustleton, and bought a house in Mayfair.

But then I met a woman from New Jersey. and you know how the rest goes. lol
@Ajmassa where you in mayfair when Frusco's Steaks was at Frankford and Wellington?

No I was in Philadelphia for the 04/05 season.

Nope! I was still in Philadelphia during that season. Still cant believe that loss but we finally got revenge.

I was living in France that year. I had to stay up until like 4 am to watch that pitiful loss... It was funny, because the announcer was obviously French-Canadian, not French. He was giving the intro, and all I heard was heavily accented French "blah blah BLAH blah blah" and then in perfect, unaccented English "Tom Brady," continuing "blah blah BLAH blah blah" then "Jacksonville, Florida."

But yes, took 13 years, but we got those bastards back!

@Ajmassa Yes those are the northeast finest steak shops. And I'm sure I served you up some fine cheesesteaks myself. I worked at Frusco's til 2006. I'm glad you called it chinks and not Joe's steaks.

Last edited:
I am taking no position on Kate Smith here. I speak only to the limits of free expression.

You may have a God-given right to feel, think, and say what you want. In the US, the First Amendment guarantees that your speech cannot be censored by the government. However, no one has a right to be free of the consequences of their speech. If you say something opprobrious, expect opprobrium. Other people are completely free to react to your speech with deprecation or condescension, if they see fit.

Also, note that private parties (such as this forum) are free to censor your speech.
You have my full support on that

@Ajmassa Yes those are the northeast finest steak shops. And I'm sure I served you up some fine cheesesteaks myself. I worked at Frusco's til 2006. I'm glad you called it chinks and not Joe's steaks.
Oh damn. I actually forgot they changed the name. That joint always kinda went against the grain. Selling strictly cheesteaks and milkshakes. Nothing else. No exceptions. Lol. Super old school

And you most likely did serve me. I bought my joint in ‘Mayfair in 06 which severely upped my Fruscos intake. But before then was still around a lot. Played softball in the bar league at Vogt Rec for a lot of years for a bunch of teams. Toms Sportsman, Coaches, Paddywhacks, Hemingway’s (which is actually @sour_grapes old stomping grounds at Holme Circle) and Chiefs——- Meaning: many late night steaks were had over the years Guaranteed we have crossed paths.

Oh damn. I actually forgot they changed the name. That joint always kinda went against the grain. Selling strictly cheesteaks and milkshakes. Nothing else. No exceptions. Lol. Super old school

And you most likely did serve me. I bought my joint in ‘Mayfair in 06 which severely upped my Fruscos intake. But before then was still around a lot. Played softball in the bar league at Vogt Rec for a lot of years for a bunch of teams. Toms Sportsman, Coaches, Paddywhacks, Hemingway’s (which is actually @sour_grapes old stomping grounds at Holme Circle) and Chiefs——- Meaning: many late night steaks were had over the years Guaranteed we have crossed paths.
Yes I was there from 99-06. Those late night drunks from 2-3 am were nutz! Good times.

Latest posts

Back