What's your favorite grape wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White: Gewurztraminer or Riesling
Red: Merlot or Shiraz

Steve

Good question, and difficult to answer. I have wide tastes... but if I have to name one grape wine... the first wine that made me set the glass down and marvel was a Brunello de Montalcino. And any bottle I've had of the style has performed wonderfully.

Shame they're so expensive! I sure don't get to drink them as often as I'd like.

In terms of something single varietal and locally produced, I've had some amazing Syrahs since living in WA.

I like 'em all!

But, if I had to nail it down to a few:

Whites: Riesling and Vidal Blanc
Red: Syrah/Shiraz and Merlot

I've been exploring Italian wines lately, and I almost had to put down Valpolicella for one of the reds.

White: Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio and Gewurtztraminer
Red: Malbec, Valpolicella and Carmenere

Anything Muscadine or Scuppernong. For my taste, you can't find a better wine.

Vidal Blanc, Seyval Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and Chardonel.

Dry Riesling is not bad either - i don't care for the sweet Riesling. Same with the Vignoles.

I am a huge white wine fan!!

riesling, gewurtz, muscat

muscadine-noble, montepulciano and Doug's Chianti

I can't believe I'm the only Cab guy. :b

Me too or a petite syrah,or a merlot or a armorone,or a zin or a blueberry or well you get it right the list can go on and on.Wine hoe.:d

Could not pick just one. Reds over Whites for sure but can appreciate them all with the right food combination. For me its the wine food combo that counts. What pairs with what. What compliments the other in such a way that you simply can't stop going back and forth to see how one improves the flavor profile of the other.......

I probably have more Cabernet Sauvignon than anything else!

Back