Whats your favorite commercial wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniJ323

Reaction score
Just curious...especially of the serious winemakers on this forum, do you still drink commercial wine? If so, what is your favorite winery and/or varietal?

Just curious...especially of the serious winemakers on this forum, do you still drink commercial wine? If so, what is your favorite winery and/or varietal?

That's easy for me to answer -- yes, and my favorite is La Crema Winery, especially the 2008 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay and the 2008 Monterrey Pinot Noir. We were at the winery last year, did a tasting, and were wowed by those two. As soon as I got home I searched around until I found both (at the local Whole Foods) and bought a case of each!

For me, it's hard to go wrong with a NZ Sauvignon Blanc or a Vin de Pays D'Oc Pinot Noir.

Red Truck is awesome....the red blend is my favorite.

imageresolver

Me neither with the exception of a few local wineries and nothing red but if I were to buy one it would be that. I really do have enough wine in my cellar that Id highly dought Id ever have to buy another bottle ever again for my lifetime. Blackstone is another decent wine for the price IMO.

I have only been making wine for a year and all except one have been fruit wines... but I enjoy Ravens Wood Winery wines and Roots Cab Sav from Chili..

I tend to enjoy south american and south african wines..

But thats my opinion and tastes..

For me it depends on the occasion. For pizza at home I really like Tobin James Chateau Le Cacheflo. If I'm invited to dinner by friends who appreciate wine, I'll often take a bottle of Domaine Serene Yamhill Cuvee Pinot Noir. Of course, Pinot pairs well with most foods, and this one is always excellent. If I'm celebrating a special occasion and need a sparkling wine, I'm quite fond of everything Gruet in New Mexico makes.

Greg G.

I really like just about anything made by the Santa Ema winery from Chile. Syrah especially though.

2005 altus napa valley cabernet sauvignon..its a good 96 point wine(imo)..velvet,black berry,prune,just dark burgandy..:h

my father likes the wild horse merlot and my mother is a big fan of jacobs creek. me, i don't buy wine anymore. i'll drink what they have sometimes, but typically drink our own. we've got a huge variety (probably 20+ different types of various years).

Latest posts

Back