What’s your 5 yr winemaking plan??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you still progressing and scaling up your winemaking? Scaling down? Are you comfortable where you are currently?
Whether kits, country fruit wine, seasonal grapes, your own vineyard’s grapes- what are your goals with this hobby and where are you at now in relation?

Are you still progressing and scaling up your winemaking? Scaling down? Are you comfortable where you are currently?
Whether kits, country fruit wine, seasonal grapes, your own vineyard’s grapes- what are your goals with this hobby and where are you at now in relation?

I want to learn how to get the acid correct for each batch. Bought a vinmetrica SC-200 pH/TA meter and will learn how to use it as harvest get close this fall. I will have to automate the hedging. Doing 3 acres by gas powered shears is easier than before but I’ll need something for the front of the tractor. I need to make my leaf blower mod sprayer too. There, that’s the plan for the next 3 years. Retiring in 4 years and plan to snowbird so that hopefully will work out.

Well seeing as I'm a few beginner, on my first batch of wine from a kit, I have no other option but to scale up lol.

My plan is just to lean as much as I can and see noticable improvements. I'm hoping to be able to produce quality drinks for myself, wife and friends and family. Nothing fancy but plan to keep my fermentors and carboys in action as best as I can.

I have plans to utilize an abundance of Crab apples, Raspberrys, Strawberrys and Saskatoon berrys I have growing on my property come harvest.

I would also like to venture off and try my hand at brewing some suds..

Other than small time brewer I don't have any lofty plans other than to learn as much as I can. Hopefully the community will be able to get to a decent place where I'm rolling out a few hundred bottles per year. So far the community has been great me!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back