What's you wine worth??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
What kind of a price would you put on your wine... Now I know this is a hobby and selling your wine is illegal without all the papers...
But still what would you consider your wine being worth?
Are you making $10.00 wine or are you making $20.00.
I know some of my swill would probably fit on that wal-mart list someone posted before. :)

I sincerely believe that NO wine is worth more as 5 Euro/Dollar a bottle.

Anything above that is marketing and snobism.

Luc

If you valued it based on assigning a value on the componets of every bottle, I'd think it would be $30 or more per bottle for small volume makers.

Cost of:
a) ingredients
b) materials like bottles, corks, sanitizers, and labels
c) time spent growing and harvesting
d) time spent making the wine
e) the use of your winery space and equipment
f) the value of your knowledge and research on winemakingtalk
g) time spent planning the batch and designing labels
h) waste (loss to breakage/spillage/spoilage)
i) time spent explaining to people that you can't sell them your wine
j) profit (?)

If I placed a value on my elderberry wine based on effort and ingredients, it would be ~$100/bottle.

Not really sure, but I can tell you that not including my time it's a lot cheaper than buying it at the liquor store. Even with all of the equipment. I don't count the time since I enjoy doing it and it's just another one of my hobbies.

I don't like to compare my wines to commercial ones. They're in different orbits.

It's like your grandma's chocolate chip cookies. You can buy a package of chocolate chip cookies for just over a buck; and they're actually half-way edible. Your grandma can't even buy a bag of chocolate chips for that price. Now she has to add butter and all the other stuff.

So think about it... what are her cookies worth? What about her Thanksgiving dinner? If you had to pay her what it's really worth, you couldn't afford her.

It's probably the same with your wines. If someone asks what you think it's worth, just tell them that if it were for sale, they couldn't afford it. Or you could tell them that you'll trade it for something that took them 9 months to make.

If someone asks what you think it's worth, just tell them that if it were for sale, they couldn't afford it.

This is good however

Or you could tell them that you'll trade it for something that took them 9 months to make.

This is priceless!!!

How many women would be willing to give up thier kid for it, just saying. LOL

everybody can send me a bottle and i will rate them for you. heh heh.

No, really, message me for my address. LOL. (hey, it could work.)

everytime I take wine across the border they ask me what it is worth..Duty is based on value. I always tell them what it mcost per bottle to make. See money is involved so I go the other way. That elderberry is now worth $.50

everybody can send me a bottle and i will rate them for you. heh heh.

No, really, message me for my address. LOL. (hey, it could work.)

Only from a 'Bama guy!!!
Yeah UGB, it could really work.
This might lead to you being the official wine forum taste sampler.

My cost to make a magnum of raspberry wine: Maybe 1.00

What's it worth to see the look on a friends or family members face when they taste it: Priceless

we are looking to sell our bottles for $10-15. $15 for the pecan as it's not cheap to make! also, if you are a winery, you have to pay for tastings too.

My cost to make a magnum of raspberry wine: Maybe 1.00

What's it worth to see the look on a friends or family members face when they taste it: Priceless

What's your recipe? That sounds cheap as expensive as raspberries are.

Grow my own raspberries Bob.

That's the ticket! My patch is turning out more than I expected for the first year, but I'm a long way away from any large batches.

Maybe next year ...

I sincerely believe that NO wine is worth more as 5 Euro/Dollar a bottle.

Anything above that is marketing and snobism.

Luc

Seriously? There is lots of wine I'd pay more than $5 for - lots.

Latest posts

Back